Saturday 21 October 2017

Getting ready for Christmas

Hello my dear friends and lovelies!!  So pleased you dropped by. 
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Well, I have finally started making my Christmas cards.  
You might be thinking that it's still only October, but I'm thinking 'Oh my goodness!!  It's near the end of October already and I haven't even started on my Christmas cards!!!!'   LOL!!

For a little while now I have been testing different techniques on making Masterboards and I finally did one for Christmas that I really liked.  It is much the same as one I did a while ago (you can check it out here if you wish) and, just as I did back then, I have cut this one up to create my cards.
This piece has been matted on some green cardstock.

The Distress Ink colours used for the background are Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Fired Brick and Wild Honey.   The poinsettia stencil is from Tim Holtz.   It was one of the things I purchased from Funky Junky Boutique with the voucher I was lucky enough to win from Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog.
To construct the layers under the cluster, I used some corrugated board (which was lightly swiped with gesso) half of a die cut doily and, somewhere underneath it all, there is a small piece of gauze as well.
Created the flair sentiment by printing it, punching it out and covering it with an Epoxy Sticker.
Easy Peasy!


Another piece of the Masterboard on the inside ..
.. and the full frontal!!
I will have a few more of these to share with you.  As a matter of fact, I will probably bore you silly with all the Christmas cards I will be sharing over the next month or more so I will apologise for that up front .. LOL!!



Have you started your Christmas preparations yet??   I usually end up leaving mine till the last minute and then get totally stressed out in the rush.   Hopefully I will get all my cards made soon (??!!??  Ha!!)  and then I can concentrate on the rest.  I did say 'Hopefully'.  LOL!!

Thank you so much for dropping by and taking a look.
Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is stunning!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors and texture!! I love how you added the strip on the inside, too!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! I love, love it!! I've managed a few Christmas cards, but not nearly enough!! I need to get moving!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, you have made me want to put my Halloween things away and get my Christmas stash out and get started! Your card is gorgeous, I love the stencilled poinsettia and the decorations are just stunning... love this so much! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning way to start your Christmas cards. This is truly inspirational. I love the colour theme, with the graduated tones. The Masterboard technique is gorgeous and supports all the layers beautifully. The flair looks just like a bought one - I keep promising myself to give this technique a try and haven't done it yet. Love everything about this standout card Margaret and I look forward to the seeing the others. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, I have not really begun my Christmas preparations yet.. but I know the days are flying by and it will be december before we know it.. this card is so beautiful.. I love the foundation of the layers the doiley the flowers and the leaves.. and inside is pretty too.. and i know I wont get bored looking at your wonderful cards, i never do! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I love the chalky petals against the bold background and the beautiful embellishing with florals and berries - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Marg and good on you having made a start! (Mine will have to wait til I get home by the middle of November). Your masterboard looks fantastic, - love those gorgeous warm colours, such a lovely contrast to those stencilled poinsettias! Your clusters, like always, are so cleverly done and I love how you did the sentiment! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! I love all the gorgeous embellishments. Can't believe Christmas is so close. It is always fun to see Christmas crafting.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning as always but I am having a panic attack at the thought of Christmas being so close. I haven't even got over last year yet. I still have your card from last year and it is one of my faves. You are forever the card queen <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waauw this is awesome, super gorgeous Margareth.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margaret, your Christmas card is STUNNING, and I have been paging up and down trying to figure out how you've made that amazing background! How clever to make a masterboard to get several cards knocked out! I have to remember that idea! (I'm a month behind on my promise to myself to make one per month! yikes!) I know you had a link to a video or something, but I barely have time to visit everyone who is so kind to visit me these days.

    I love the color choices, and of course, the poinsettia, one of my favorite flowers and certainly my favorite to use in Christmas crafting. The flower cluster on the corrugate takes my breath away! Lovely composition! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great that you started with your Christmas Cards. I am so with you on this...if one doesn't start now, before you know it, Dec will be upon us! I have made a few myself already. But to get back to the beauty you created....I simply love the colours and the design and details are just fabulous! Love it to bits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous Christmas card! I love your master board background, the colours are wonderfully traditional and yet still vintage. Poinsettia patterns are a favourite of mine and the white outlines of them really pops against the rich backdrop! Beautiful floral arrangement, and the epoxy sentiment is a fabulous idea!

    I've been trying to keep up with my holiday cards this year, so I'm doing pretty good. I try and get all my cards that need to be mailed done first so that they have time to reach their destination. Once they are done, all I have to worry about the cards that are hand delivered. Is it still raining a lot where you are? We've had a lot of rain this autumn so far, and I'm hoping that it's a sign that we will get lots of snow this winter, oh how I love the snow!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Margaret, loving the Masterboard, of course! Great cards, love them. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.