Monday 17 July 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #193 - Lots of Layers!!

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

It seems so long since I last created something although it's only been about a month but, I am back now with a card to show you for the new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
This time Chanya is our host and the theme is all about layers!!!  Lots of layers!!
As always, you can create anything you like but it must have lots of those yummy layers!

Here is the card I made.


The papers used are a bit of a mix from Kaisercraft.  

Needed a topper for this card and these tags from the ephemera sheet of Megs Garden's Gentlemen papers worked out beautifully. 

A little piece from Scrapmatts'  Net 01  chipboard.  I simply dabbed it with a Midnight Black VersaMagic Stamp Pad.

No other embellishments .. simply added some twine to the tags, distressed the edges of the paper and coloured the chippie!




Just a simple layer of matching paper on the inside ..

.. and Voila!!
Done and dusted!!

Hope I have given a little inspiration to persuade you to join in with the Challenge.  For more inspiration, take a look at the fabulous creations by the rest of the Team and then join in the fun!!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #193 - Lots of Layers!!
Please read the rules and take note of our 15 Challenge limit!

A little update on my Craft Room reno!  Took a bit longer than I thought it would but it is finished!!  Yayy!!  I really love how it's turned out too.  Have a bit of cleaning up and still a lot of sorting to do but I will show some piccies in my next post!!  Hope to see you back here then!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving me a little love!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

15 comments:

  1. Hi Marg

    As always, this is a fabulous card

    Pleased to hear your craft room is finished, looking forward to seeing the end result :)

    Happy crafting

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make as always Margaret! Love the dark colors of this vintage style make.
    Thank you for all the inspiration my dear!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, superb layer card. I love, love the 2 tags and where you placed them. Gorgeous design. Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! The layers are amazing!! I love the papers you used and the net chipboard!! Fabulous card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever gal to make a card in the midst of a craft room makeover. Hmmm - I may have to rethink some of the papers on my giveaway pile! Those you've used here are perfect for masculine cards. Love the inked corrugated card and the touch of Scrapmatts tucked in there. Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of layers, hmmmm, that must have been a tough one for you. HAHA, just kidding, right up your alley because you always use so many wonderful layers in all of your cards. This card is just delicious with all those chocolate browns and caramel tones! I love the piece of corrugated cardboard tucked in there, what a great way to add some texture! A fantastic card for male or female! Well done, and great to see you back.

    I hope all is going well with your craft room redo. I've been working on redesigning the patio AGAIN. I'm installing planters and shelves and moving things around, all in hopes of being able to hide my bird and squirrel food dishes from the complaining neighbours. I feel bad for the poor squirrels, it's like a scavenger hunt every time they come because the dishes are in a new spot. lol. Hope all is well, sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, great layout. I love the way you use the papers which gives me ideas of how to use up some of my own stash that has been left unused. Have a lovely crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card Marg... Love these colours and they are perfect for a masculine card. I have missed seeing your cards but sometimes life just gets in the way :D Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, you are sooo good with masculine cards! Lovely layers and vintage look. You will be happy with your new craftroom. I sometimes wish I had a craftroom, it's just the tabel for me and that means clearing everything up. But well you never know, maybe someday. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg, so glad to hear your craft room is rearing to go! Looking forward to seeing your special creating space!!! This card looks amazing, I love the vintagey papers and love the tags!! You do great blokey cards!! I hope your week has been great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a master of layers and using all those leftover papers to super effect! Fantastic card, both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You nailed this challenge....layer upon layer upon layer...Looks fantastic Marg...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about this, fabulous use of layers and super design. Has it all!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margaret, this is a fabulous layered card! I love those papers, and that piece of corrugated board tucked in just speaks to my heart! Love that chippie, too! Great card, all around! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.