Wednesday 26 July 2017

An Anniversary and My Finished Craft Room!

Hello sweet visitors!!  Thanks for dropping by.  
So lovely to see you here!

I've been off the grid for the last few days 'cos I was crook.  Spent a few days in bed getting over some kind of virus I picked up somewhere.  Not quite back to 100% but I'm getting there and am here to show a card I made a few months ago which I haven't shared before.

 This is the card I made for my husband on our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  

Lots of layers with a mix of Maja papers.

 A few metal embellies including this closure.

Punched an eyelet into one of the paper layers and attached a couple of charms.  
I love that little lantern, don't you??

Some cogs and a bit of fibre ..

.. along with some seed beads and the perfect word strip.

Found some printables on the net which were the perfect sentiments for my card ..

.. love them!!  Love him to bits too!!  (Hubby, that is!  LOL!)


Done and dusted!!
Hard to believe that we've been together for 50 years!  Awesome, actually!!

So, I have promised to show you my craft room all finished and .. here it is!
 I absolutely love it!!

Painting and spraying will be done here.

The main work space .. (all the work surfaces are covered with vinyl floor boards!!  It is totally fabulous to work on and one of my hubby's brilliant ideas!!) ..

 Left these cupboards open for easy access to my little sewing machine and Cuttle Bug.

and on the other side of the room .. a little more storage (as if I don't have enough already) and a place for my small collection of Pop vinyls along with my trolley.
The messy rug on the floor is where my security team sleeps .. puppies, that is .. LOL!!
Since taking these photos, a few things have been moved around but, I really love my space!  It turned out so much better than I had hoped.
Huge thanks to my hubby, my youngest son and .. a little help from our handyman!

That's all for today folks!
Thank you so much for dropping by and, whatever you plan to do .. make it a great day my friends!!

Take care and God Bless.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, thats not good to hear you havent been well... but so glad you are on the mend now... What a beautiful card, love all the elements, love the clasp, and fabulous charms, great quote too.. congrats on 50 years.. I am coming up to 35 in Sept... the time just flies.. and what a wonderful room for your creating to take place in.. so clean and neat.. lots of storage and bench too... may you have many happy hours creating in there Marg! Well another week is halfway through.. I hope the rest of the week sees you continue to feel much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Margie!!!! I LOVE the card !!! THE most amazing masculine card EVER!!!
    Your craft room looks fantastic! All that space for crafting and for the supplies is a true dream come true!
    I hope you'll feel better soon and start using your gorgeous craft room.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Margaret what a neat, tidy and wonderful craft room you have. Wish you many happy crafting hours in there. And your card is a stunning piece of art. Hope you will soon feel a 100% again. Take care hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello , it has been a while since I commented, but I am still stopping in whenever I can~ Your room is so light and sunny; such a lovely quiet place to create. I enjoyed the card you made for your 50th anniversary : ) Great mix of 'Maja and metal' : ) Hugs to you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling much better!! First of all, congrats to you and your hubby on 50 years!! That's so awesome!! And wow!! What an amazing card you've made for him!! the texture and the layers are fabulous!! I wish I could create masculine cards like you do!! This is spectacular!!

    Your crafty space is so amazing!! I love all of the drawers!! And the window!! My space is in the basement with only a small window to bring in sunlight. I have floor tiles on my work space, too!! Works perfectly!! Feel better soon and have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 50 years, - big congrats!! (We are on our 43rd in four days time)...Your card is stunning, no surprises there then, and as to your craft room> Oh my giddy aunt, - I am so jealous!!!
    Hope you'll feel really better very soon, sending big healing hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card! It is so hard to find example of man-cards. Your craft room is sooo clean! It's so nice to have your own creative space. Thanks for sharing that card. I plan to make one like it for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marg...hope you are feeling much better now. Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary that's pretty special and wonderful. The card as always is gorgeous, love the style, colours, layers, the metal embellies and the sentiments. Your craft room looks AMAZING. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margy, just had to pop in and check out your new craft room. It looks fabulous, you are such a lucky girl to have such a wonderful space with all that storage and workbenches. Love, love love it all and I am glad you have the security team on standby too. PS. Awesome card too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you've been down and happy to hear that you're on the mend. What a fabulous card with so much meaning, inside and out!! You have such a beautiful studio for your creative space!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to read that you've been crook Margy - but glad you are on the up now. Your anniversary card has to be my absolute new fave. Love the colour, the metal, the clasp, the beads, the Tim Holtz metal quote - the whole thing is a triumph and congrats on reaching 50 years - that is epic! Not long for us to reach that milestone too. As for the craft room with all those drawers and the light!!! Wow - magical. Drawers really are the best thing ever for craft rooms. Love all the bench space too and a place for everything. Enjoy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that by now you are on the mend Marg... Now that card is just brill... I love it and my fave colour too. The metal bits are awesome. Congratulations on 50 years... wow... We are 40 years in November and I thought that was a long time :D :D :D way to go and I hope that there are still many more <3.. NOW your craft room is gorgeous! So bright and airy and so much light. It is a dream room. I hope that you have many happy hours there <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, that card is absolutely gorgeous with so much attention to detail for such a special occasion, it really is stunning. As for your craft room, I have serious envy... I have boomerang kids so for me its get it all out of the cupboard, sit at the coffee table and haul it all back until the times comes I pinch one of their rooms. Its a perfect space and just... fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marg

    First off.... belated golden wedding anniversary wishes, marvellous reaching 50 years and hubby's card is fabulous. I love the whole design and the sentiments, you're a very talented lady

    Your craft room is also fabulous, well done to 'your team'. I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous and stunning cards

    Happy crafting

    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please tell me it isn't always this neat and tidy 😬 Love the drawers and all that top surface to create on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow Margy .. what a stunningly beautiful room to enjoy creating your masterpieces .. love this room so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely anniversary card! Happy belated 50th wedding anniversary to you and your hubby! I love your craft room, and I am green with envy! So much light and so much space! And so neat and clean! Oh, my, what a dream! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such an amazing style! I love this peek into your gorgeous craft space too! Thanks for joining in the fun at Mini Album Makers, I hope to see your entries come September! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.