Monday 24 April 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 187 - Pearls and/or Gems

Hello everyone and welcome to my crafty space.  So happy to see you here.

The new Challenge has gone live at Crafty Cardmakers!!  This time around Josephine is our host and it is all about adding some Pearls and/or Gems to your creations.  
 As always, anything you wish to create is fine as long as you add some pearls or gems to your piece.

This is the card I made for my DT contribution.


The papers, the rose buds and the tiny flowers are from Megs Garden.
I have had the fabric flowers in my stash for a while now and have no idea where they came from but, as they had the gem button centers, I felt they were perfect for this Challenge.
The creamy white is the original colour .. I simply sprayed the other with some watered down acrylic paint.


The chipboard piece is from 2Crafty Chipboard.  Added a couple of sticky back pearls and coloured it with a white VersaMagic stamp pad just to lighten it a little.

A piece of lace and some gauze under the cluster for a bit of soft texture ..

and green Glass Glitter for additional sparkle.  Unfortunately, I overdid the highlighting .. looks a bit messy.  Oh well, I'll just say it adds character!!??!!  LOL!!



Why not pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog and see what the rest of the DT have created ..  I know you will love it!!

I do hope you feel inspired to join in with the Challenge .. we would love to see what you create!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #187 - Pearls and/or Gems

Thank you so much for dropping by and having a look.
Have a wonderful day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox  Marg




10 comments:

  1. It looks great Marg, love how you interpreted the theme! Really like that card format as well and yep I do think that the highlighting adds to the character :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, I love everything about this beautiful card, especially the delicate colours of the flowers

    Crafty smiles... June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the layers and the beautiful flowers!! The details you added are perfect!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Margy. I love the jewelled flowers teamed with the more rustic looking chipboard and the torn cardstock. The cluster is gorgeous with the little scrap of lace peeking out and the glass glitter is the perfect finishing touch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg, I hope you have had a good day!! The weather here has been glorious, but I think by the end of the week we will be looking for our wooly jarmies!! Your card is so pretty, I love the blooms, and what a fabulous chipboard you have used and the pearls are great and love the lace and gauze also.. I hope the rest of your week is great! I just wish the weeks would not go so fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Margaret. It certainly doesn't look messy to me but then I love messy! The flowers were obviously just waiting for this moment. Have a lovely week and lots of happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with a fabulous design. Love it to pieces!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Margaret. A lovely design with the torn papers and I like the glitter in the flowers! Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your design is so gorgeous and the color combination is simply amazing!!! Love it!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Margaret! I love these papers, the colours and patterns are subtle and so pretty. The wood flourish you used is gorgeous with the little touch of paint and bling! Wonderful flower arrangement and I am super impressed with your genius idea to use watered down acrylic paint to colour a white flower!! Dang, I will definitely be trying that out!! I've tried using distress spray inks, but it colours the stamens as well, which I don't particularly like the look of, but yours looks so professional! Beautiful bit of lace, and the bits of gold here and there are wonderfully elegant!! Another stunning card my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.