Tuesday 11 April 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - #186 Things with Wings

Hello my sweet friends and welcome to my blog. 
A very special welcome to my new followers.  Thank you so much for joining me .. I hope you enjoy the journey through my crafty world.

The new Challenge is up at Crafty Cardmakers.  It is hosted by Mary and it is all about Things with Wings.   Anything with wings will count.  Birds, fairies, butterflies and other insects, aeroplanes and even hearts as long as they have wings.
As always, anything you create is fine.  A card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it fits the theme.
We would love for you to join in!  Please read the rules and remember our 15 Challenge limit.

For this challenge I chose to create an Art Journal page.  

Can't remember when I last did one of these but I must say, I did enjoy the process.


I do realise this is not terribly original.  
There are so many AJ pages on pinterest with a similar design but, as I hadn't worked on one of these for so long, it was an easy subject and it fitted the theme of the Challenge.
 I used watercolour paper  and randomly covered it with texture paste instead of gesso just to get some texture happening.

I played around with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals to colour the background.  It was the first time I have actually used these and I must say I love them!!  Didn't quite get the effect I was looking for but I think that is just going to take more  practice.


The chippy is from 2Crafty Chipboard and I simply coated it with more of the texture paste.

Lots of stamping underneath.

The clock and the butterflies were free printables from the web.  I simply fussy cut them and mounted the clock on a piece of scrap chipboard for dimension and strength.

I added some prills ..

.. lots of prills ..

.. 'cos I just love the look of them!!

Really happy with the way this turned out.  Think I might hang it on my Craft Room wall.

Once again, I hope I have inspired you to take part in the Challenge.  We would love to see the Things with Wings that you create!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #186 - Things with Wings.
Pop on over and take a look at the wonderful creations by the rest of the Team .. I'm sure you will be well and truly inspired!!

Thank you so much for paying a visit and having a look at my little makes and do enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Love the colours you have used and the butterflies are so beautiful. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! I hope your week is going well... Getting a tad cooler here at night... autumn is making itself felt already!!! I love your art Journal page.. of course I love blue so this is simply gorgeous.. love the brick work and also love the pretty butterflies and clocks are always great to use.. and good value getting the printables off the net.. and love the prills.. and I reckon it would look wonderful out where you can see it...so pretty to be hidden away! anyways I hope your week is going well... and soon it will be Easter.. a very special time of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really, really cool page. I LOOOOOVE the way you've used the texture paste & it really does give great depth etc. I think those magical thingies, or whatever you call 'em look brilliant....that blue is such a lovely colour. Adore the black stamping against it & the prills are a perfect finishing touch. I'd be hanging it on my wall, for certain. Too nice to stay in the journal. Butterflies need to FLY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Marg! Love the color palette and those butterflies! The texture and chipboard piece give this page nice dimension in addition to the fancy butterflies. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg, this is a stunning journal page and yes! I would frame it and hang it on a wall, so I could enjoy it every day! Lovely design and love your color palette, butterflies and prills! The chippie piece adds such a gorgeous garden touch and I love the texture you've created in the background! Love this! Well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is stunning, Marg!! Wow!! It definitely needs to be hanging on your wall!! The layers and colors are amazing!! What fabulous texture!! You've reminded me to use my prills...I love the look of them!! Each detail is spectacular!! What a work of art this is!! I love, love it so much!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Margaret, beautiful layout and colour scheme. I've joined your followers today, got to support my teamies! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, five of my favourite things, texture, stamping, butterflies, prills and blue. It's a winner for me! Oh, make that six, with the magicals - I love the way they are so unpredictable, just like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Lovely, lovely work and so glad to hear that it's going on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter Margaret, wow I just love you art journal page it is stunningly beautiful and all those tiny prills look gorgeous, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Journal page, Margaret, loving the butterflies and the colours. Wow!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Margaret. Love the details. Happy Easter. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marg

    Trying to catch up having had no internet for nearly 3 weeks! I love this card, I think blue and aqua are my main favourite colours! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.