Friday 9 December 2016

A Trio of Christmas Cards

Hello sweet friends and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Well, I am back again to share some more Christmas cards with you today.  These were made for some rellies of mine and have a pocket to hold some Gift Vouchers. 

I've kept all three cards fairly simple.  They are, pretty much, the same design but I've used different papers and slightly different arrangements so they don't all look like total clones of each other.

Card #1

Used Maja papers on all of these cards (These papers were part of a RAK gifted to me by my sweet and generous friend Heather Jacob.  It will take me years, I think, to get through them all!)



Distressed all the edges and added some touches of 'snow' which is probably quite ridiculous as our temperatures around Christmas time are usually in the high 30's (Centigrade), but I really love the look so, I figure, why not!!


The 'Merry Christmas' is part of the strip at the bottom of one of the 12 x 12 sheets.  Have cut up the strip and used it as the greeting on all of these cards.


Added a strip of lace and a few gold stickers.


The usual pockets on the inside.
The left side will hold the gift vouchers and the right side is for a journal card with my personal message.

Card #2

On this card I used different papers, moved the elements to the right hand side and turned the oval shape.


The flower, leaves and berries are the same ..

 .. but I have added some diecut snowflakes.
 
 



Hope you're still with me folks. One more to go.

Card #3
Different papers again and this time, no lace.
 Same greeting  ..

..  same elements in the cluster ..
 .. same snowflake diecuts.


There you have it!!
When you have a bunch of cards to make for the same occasion .. such as Christmas .. it is so much easier and quicker to do when you use a similar design and elements. 
 The same .. yet different!!

Thank you so much for dropping by to take a look at my creations.

Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. They all look amazing Marg, such great use of those beautiful papers and I always adore how you manage to arrange your embellies! Stunning like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely Margaret and the beauty is in the detail. Each cluster is unique and you make those Maja papers sing. A gorgeous idea to hold a gift card for someone special. I have six to make today. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Margaret!! I love how you have taken one base design and created three entirely different looks from it just by changing things around a bit! Genius! I love all the wonderful papers, so many festive patterns and I do love the traditional red and green hues! Lots of layers and pretty poinsettias! What's not to love! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, can you believe how fast the days are going? I have had my sister stay with me this weekend and the days have just flown by!! Your cards are beautiful and i agree it is a good idea to create several cards while you have the papers and embellies out to use.. love the pure white flower on each one and the berries.. and even inside looks lovely!! I hope you have a great week ahead, and some how I think this one is gunna fly by too!! Two weeks to christmas!!!!! eekk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look brilliant. And so does the snow - I agree, if you fancy adding some, then why not? Might help cool us down looking at it, eh? And I REALLY like the snowflakes too. The flower clusters are gorgeous. Just all round fabulous cards. Now I have my OWN of yours, & I can imagine these so much more as they would be in real life!!!! Bet your family adore getting these:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous and of course they are my favourite papers and we can't get them here :( I love them all and they will be very much appreciated too. We are the same for Christmas but I love the look of snowflakes and snow and all those lovely things :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.