Monday 7 December 2015

Variations on a Christmas Theme & Some Happy News!!

Hello my lovely visitors and welcome to my blog.  Thank you for dropping by.

I have some more Christmas cards to share.  Once again, these are different variations on the same theme.  Yes, I know, you're probably getting a bit bored with these but, this is what I do at Christmas time.  I find a couple of designs I like and then create my cards using different colours with slightly different elements.

In my previous post I showed Design No. 1 and this is design No. 2.  This time around I'm sharing three cards and all of them have a little pocket to hold a gift voucher.




Card 1


The papers used are, once again, from Megs Garden and from Kaisercraft. 


The flowers also came from Megs Garden and the bauble spray is from a cheap Christmas decoration.   The pine bough die is from Impression Obsession Dies.


The small label is from Kaisercraft.


The inside with the Gift Voucher pocket at the bottom and I added a verse to the top section before it was posted (mailed that is!! he! he!)

Card 2


 All of the cards have a bit of 'snow'  treatment.  In other words, some splashes of white ink, a bit of gritty texture paste in different places and then sprinkled with glitter.


 All of the red flowers were originally a different colour.  They have all been sprayed with Cherrie Pie Dylusion Spray. 




Another small label from Kaisercraft.  I mounted them on some thick card for extra dimension.


The insides were all decorated the same, just with different papers.

 Card 3


 As you can see, more of the same!


Some cards have stenciling.  This one was done with translucent texture paste.


Most of them have a piece of the metallic mesh behind the cluster .. some with red and some with gold.



 
So, three more cards done and dusted!!

Thanks so much for dropping by but, before you go, I have some happy news to share.
I entered the Feeling Sketchy Challenge with one of my Christmas cards (you can see it HERE) .. and I WON!!  I actually won the random draw and was also TOP PICK!!  So thrilled!!  Huge thanks to the team at FEELING SKETCHY .. I am totally chuffed .. Thank you ladies, you are wonderful!!!

But there's more folks!!!  The lovely Bev Code from TURTLE SOUP CREATIVITY & MAGAZINE, got in touch and asked me to submit some of my cards, etc. for the Christmas Issue of their on-line Magazine!!  Woo!! Hoo!!  I actually have a double page spread as well as one of my cards in their card section!!  Once again, totally chuffed.  It is a gorgeous mag and there are so many talented artist's work in there, I'm still pinching myself that I was included.  If you'd like to take a look you will find it HERE.  Thank you so much Bev for including me, I am over the moon.

Once again, thank you for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards,i love the envelopes you have made also,and a BIG congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and well done you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful Marg and I am so happy for your win and for the publication too! I shall pop over over and have a look! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always stunning Margie and these are no exceptions!! Brilliant news too, well done and well deserved!! Off to check out the magazine....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just beautiful Margie! A huge congrats on your news, what an honour to be published, you will provide lots of inspiration for their readers! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas cards. I love the papers, colours, design and all the embellies. The inside looks great too. Congratulations with your winning and with your fantastic news!! Well deserved, your creations are allways beautiful and stylish!! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plenty to woot about today Marg! Congrats!! Your cards are awesome so it comes as no surprise to me!! These are no ordinary cards! The little gift card flap is a great addition and such a crafty gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the snow treatment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some more of your super elegant cards. Love the way you decorate the middle too. Congrats on your wins and the magazine invite. Very well deserved, as you projects are marvellous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never tire of seeing your amazing cards PLUS I come here for inspiration which I almost always need. Your cards are just amazing. Love them all. Keep em coming :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you go girl at the end of the year! Well done on your publishing & your winning & even more on your Christmas card creating!!! LOOOOOOVE these. Especially the 'snow' touches in there:):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have never seen this pocket idea. How very cool! These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.