Monday 28 July 2014

Masculine Grunge #2

Hello everyone!!  Welcome to my blog and thank you for dropping by.
As you could see from my Title, I have the second of my grungy masculine cards to share with you today.
If you haven't seen the first one and you would like to, you can find the post HERE.
As I said in that previous post, this one is similar to #1 but I've used different papers and different elements too.

These papers are from Bobunny's Weekend Market Collection.  Distressed the edges with Ingvild Bolme's Distress Tool and then inked them with 'Gathered Twigs' Distress Ink.  Added a little bit of background stamping with KC's Crackle stamp and Bobunny's 'Stained Textures' stamp.  The Word Band is, of course, Tim Holtz (available from Meg's Garden).    The Spellbinders Nestaboard 'Fancy Tag' was cut in half and embossed with a mix of gold, silver and bronze embossing powder.


The little piece of red chippie is a scrap of 2Crafty's Chicken Barb Wire which was left over from another project.  It was simply coloured with acrylic paint and then randomly swiped with Glossy Accents.  In this photo you can also see I've added some spots of 'Clear Rock Candy' Distress Crackle.  The 'Radio' label is from G45's 'Communique' papers.

Added a little bulldog clip ... just because!!

The inside was lined with the same papers and also stamped with the Bobunny 'Stained Textures' stamp. The labels are from KC's Art of Life Collection.  Made a little pocket and a tag as well and stamped over the top of them again with the 'Stained Textures' stamp.

I made this card for my brother who lives in Victoria and apparently he was a bit puzzled because he couldn't find a sentiment or Birthday greeting on this card.  Then he finally noticed the piece of string, pulled it out, and, voila, there it was.  LOL ... Men!!  There is also a handwritten message on the back of the tag.  I am pleased to say he loved his card.


Well, there you have it, the second of my masculine 'grungy' cards as promised.  I do hope you like it and that I have inspired you a little today.

Thank you so much for visiting and a huge thank you to those of you who are kind enough to leave me a little message.  I love to read them and really  appreciate you taking the time.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Take care and God Bless.

12 comments:

  1. Marg......I LOVE THIS CARD! It's been beautifully grunged if that makes sense. It's PERFECT! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fantastic card you've made here!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your grunge work. Beautiful. Hope HE appreciates it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this Margaret. Just been lingering over the little details like the pocket for tags and embossed embellishments. Beautiful quality work again. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card Margy, great grundiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful.....LOOOOVE the bulldog clip, just 'cos...I love it!!!! And typical man....not right in front of his nose, obv!!!! You do such a sensational job on your card insides, too.....really fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb Marg, you do masculine cards so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous masculine card. I am sure he was over the moon with it once he realised what it was ;) you are so the queen of cards. Such inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this Marg, inside and out, you did such a marvelous job on it. Love the addition of the clip on the front. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic masculine grungy card Marg. A true work of art and so glad it was appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic, you've rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one amazing card, Margy! Love the colours & all the elements you've used, especially all the chippie pieces...and I'm glad that you added that bulldog clip just because you could!! LOL. That is a funny little story about your brother wondering about the sentiment :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.