Monday 9 December 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #247

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you stopped by.

I have just returned from my holiday (had a fabulous time!!)  and here we are in the second week of December and ready for the last Challenge of the year for Crafty Cardmakers.  Mary is our lovely host and the Challenge .. of course .. is Christmas!

I haven't made as many Christmas cards this year as I usually do (time just wasn't there) and I decided they were going to be pretty simple and quick to make.  So I had a good look around Pinterest, picked up a few ideas and came up with something I liked and then went from there.  So, all my cards are very similar .. same techniques, same embellishments and similar in design. 

This is the first one I made and the rest just flowed on from there.
 I only used white cardstock and watercolour paper so, no patterned paper at all.
The coloured strips are done with watercolour paper and Distress Ink.  I used a sponge to apply the colour to the bottom of the page leaving about a quarter of it white at the top.  I then cut the paper into strips.
After completing the first two cards I decided to add a bit of shading to the edge of the strips for a bit more interest.
The embellishments for each card is pretty much the same.  I used a combination of die cut pine branches (these were all edged in gold embossing), tiny pine cones (have had these in my stash for ages), red or white berries (cut from cheap Christmas decorations) and twine.  





 The greetings were computer generated, mounted on a piece of chipboard, punched out and covered with Glossy Accents.

I am really into the clean and simple look at the moment and these cards were really easy to make.

Would love for you to pop over to the CCM blog to take a look at what the rest of the Team has created and. also, would really love it if you could join in on our last Challenge for the year.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #247 - Christmas.

 I do have a few more of these cards to show you.  They are similar but still, a little different as well,  but that is for another day.
Thank you so much for your visit and for any comment you may care to leave.
Have a fabulous day and enjoy your crafting!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Margy and it's so stylish. Have a great Christmas. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the classic Christmas colours and the watercolour strips. I like they way you create your own sentiments, they always look so classy. Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg!!! Guess what??!! We had some beautiful rain here today.. sooooo happy to see the rain and hear the water going into our tanks... it has lifted my spirits so much!!! I love your cards, the simplicity is great.. I love how you have upcyled as well... I have just started my cards today and they are a simple design too.. so I am in a simplistic mood lately as well.. anyway have a great week and all the best for a Merry Christmas too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Margaret, I wish I had seen these before I started my marathon card making session - I love them so much, those three strips are perfect to showcase your beautiful embellishments! Apologies for my lateness, we have had a few days away. Wishing you all the very best for Christmas and hope you have a very Happy New Year. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, I'm so happy you posted these GORGEOUS CAS Christmas cards! They are so elegant (everything you make is!) and really festive--I love the ombre strips and your gold tipped boughs! Just lovely! I hope you are well rested from your holiday and that your have a wonderful Merry Christmas! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not been a very good visitor either lately - but so glad that your visit prompted me to stop by to wish you a very merry Christmas. I wouldn't have missed these cards for the world... so elegant in their composition, and really eye-catching with the contrast of geometric panels and wild natural forms. And of course in perfect festive colours. Completely gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always Marg

    I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas and the very best of health and happiness in 2020

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.