Monday 14 January 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #225

Hello dear friends and welcome!  So pleased you came by for a visit!

Here we are with Crafty Cardmakers' first Challenge for 2019.  Lin is our host and the Theme is 'Winter'.
This is really odd for me at the moment as we are suffering through a fairly intense heat wave right now.  Temperature at this moment is 36C and for the next couple of days it will be in the low 40's .. hot, hot, hot!!!!   Thank goodness for airconditioning!!  LOL!!

Anyway, our Challenge, as always, is for whatever you care to create.  It can be a card, a scrap layout, mixed media piece, home decor, whatever you wish to do is fine as long as it fits the Theme.

So, for my DT contribution, I have created a little Amigurumi Snowman!
He stands 5" tall and was made from a free pattern found at Amigurumi Today.
To display him, I created a very simple background.  Using watercolour paper, I stamped the snowflakes with embossing ink and then heat embossed them in white.
I then mixed up a little Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals with water to create the colour and simply brushed it on using more water to move the colour around a bit.  Colours used are Tiffany Lou's Blue and Danny Zuko's Denim
The splatters were created with watered down gesso.
A sheet of tissue paper was used for the foreground and I added a few berries and tiny pine cones for a little more interest.

I hope you like my little snowman and the background I created for him and that you feel inspired to join in with the Challenge.

For a ton more inspiration, and to link up your entry, pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog and check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the Team.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 225 - 'Winter'

Thank you so much for stopping by and for any comments you may care to leave.  I read them all and appreciate each and every one!!


Have fun crafting!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

10 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, loving your little snowman. I could do with some ear muffs like that. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is the most adorable snowman!! You did an amazing job!! He's so sweet!! The background is perfect!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. This is just so darling! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, I do hope you dont melt away... it is going to get hotter up this way too.. oh how we need some rain... hoping it is on its way soon... I love your little snow man, he is so sweet, even with his ear muffs on and fabulous display for him too.. I hope he doesn't melt in the next few days!!! take care Marg, and stay as cool as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marg he is just adorable. Thankfully I don't have snow at the moment, but I don't envy you the heat either. I like very middle of the road weather I'm afraid. Hope you don't melt away in the heat. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute. Very adorable snowman. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could I have missed this adorable creation? Margaret, your Amigurumi Snowman is just the sweetest ever and I just love the beautiful icy background you created for him. I certainly don't envy you that heat but a little warmth and sunshine would be a welcome change over here! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love him Margy, he's so adorable... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You kill me, Margaret! You have so many wonderful talents, and I love that you shared your knitting gift here! This is the cutest snowman ever, and the landscape you made for him is brilliant! What a refreshing post! Well, not the heat. I think I would melt! As bone chilling as the wind has been here, I will take it ANY day over our hot humid summers. Stay cool! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gogeous...this fella is just too cool!!!!!! Love that background to display him too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.