Monday 13 August 2018

The Light Bulb - A Man Card

Hello sweet visitors and welcome to my blog!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
I would also like to welcome my new followers!!  Thank you so much for joining me on this crafty journey!  I hope I can give you a little inspiration on the way!!

So,  I'm here to share another of the man cards I created a while back.  This one was for a close friend and, I'm happy to say, he loved it!!

For this card, I used a combination of  old and new Kaisercraft papers along with a few strips from different collections.

I randomly swiped some gesso over the base layer and then used a stencil and texture paste for a bit of interest.
Added the paper strips and then topped it with torn, corrugated cardboard.
The film reel was fussy cut from a sheet of Kaisercraft paper and the chipboard fish net chippie is by Scrapmatts.
The fabulous vintage image is a graphic journal card by Megs Garden.
I need to tell you that I was lucky enough to receive the digital option of two sets of these great Journal Cards as a freebie.   I think they are fabulous and, if you wish to take a look at these wonderful cards for yourself, HERE is the link.  I should also tell you that, if you did decide to purchase some of these for yourself, I will not receive any kind of kickback from your purchase.

For the final piece of interest, I added this awesome lightbulb paper clip!  Isn't it great??  Purchased this at our local Office Works .. they have a number of different shapes to choose from.
And, there you go!!!
Another one bites the dust!!  LOL!!

So, that is another masculine card completed and posted for the year!  Got a few more to go yet but they are for another day!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.  I also wish to thank those of you who left me such wonderful comments on my last post.  You warm my heart with your lovely words.

Have a wonderful day my friends!!
Take care and God Bless.


11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is such a handsome card Margaret! I love the red strip and the light bulb is such a fabulous touch!
    You made some amazing cards my friend!
    Hugs
    Samra

    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine card, you do them so well! Loving all the textures and layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg, I hope you have a great week ahead, and enjoy the rain, so desperately dry up thisa way!! but anyhoo back to your card, this looks amazing, what a fabulous paper clip and love the textures and layers.. another hunky male card!!Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so stunning!! The layers and textures are so amazing!! I love the film reel!! And the light bulb is fabulous!! All of the details are just perfect!! I love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Margy, I wish I could spend a day or two with you making these amazing cards together! You did such a fabulous job and your embellishments on this card are really awesome! I totally love it. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marg, it's one lucky guy who receives this card! You make layering scraps of paper look so effortless, yet it has tremendous artistic appeal over that textured background. The film reel is such a wonderful element that makes this so special and love the light bulb paper clip. Just had my eyes on these at Hobby Lobby the other day--or something very similar. Love your creativity! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I keep saying it but it is true, you really do make the most fabulous male cards. I love this one, I thought that film reel was real, it is amazing! Fabulous paperclip too, what a great find!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many cool masculine elements layered in the background of this card. I love it!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous...love all the masculine details....perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the slightly grungy look for this masculine card, and the textured layers are really cool.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the queen of cardmaking and you rock the masculine ones which I always find so hard. I now think it is the colours you choose too. This is just fabulous and so full of little details. Lucky recipient <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.