Monday 21 May 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #212 - Things with Wings

Hello sweet visitors and welcome to my blog.  So happy you decided to stop by.

It is time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Glenda is our host for this Challenge and the Theme is Things with Wings.

I decided I was going to create a couple of ATCs but, what to use as my Winged Things??  Well, my fave Things with Wings are butterflies so .. why not use those??
Why not indeed!!

I used pasteboard as my base.  Pasteboard is similar to chipboard but it has a layer of white paper front and back and is a bit cheaper to buy. 
For a bit of texture, I scrunched up a piece of tissue paper and adhered it with Matte Medium.


To add the colour, I sprinkled Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals and then sprayed with water.  The colour used here is Danny Zuko's Denim.


 
The butterfly die used is the Vivienne Butterfly from Memory Box .. 
.. and the Magicals colour on this ATC is Tears on my Pillow Tangerine.
For a touch of extra interest I added some torn washi tape at one side ..

.. as well as the Threads and Borders die and a sprinkling of black prills.
The words were computer generated, then trimmed to size and edged with a Sharpie pen.  The doodling around the edges of both ATCs was also done with the Sharpie.


To check out all  the details of the Challenge and for some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Team, pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog.  I'm sure you will feel inspired to join in and can't wait to see what you create.


Thank you all so much for stopping by my blog today and a special thank you for the wonderful comments that were left on my last post.  I do appreciate them so much.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ATCs Margaret. I've been busy making some for our swap at the Stamping Ground this week. You have really rocked this one, love them. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so artistic and gorgeous!! Wow!! I love the colors of the backgrounds and the beautiful butterflies!! So stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Margaret, these ATCs are so beautiful with the wonderful Magicals background (fabulous colours) and the gorgeous butterflies. The doodling is such a lovely touch too, finishing these ATCs off so beautifully! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ATC. The design is stunning. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Margy, I adore this pair!!! The backgrounds look amazing and I just love how you finished them, - real mixed media pieces, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! How are you!!?? I hope your week is going well... I love these cards, the back ground colors are amazing, just love the wash you achieved with the magicals.. and of course, I love butterflies and the touch of the dark prills look marvelous!! Enjoy the rest of this week.. it is flying by like all the weeks this year! The nights are getting rather chilly here, time to get the flannelette jarmies out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ATCs Margaret, love the colours and affects.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing ATC creations. Beautiful crafting Margaret!
    Have a great week or two :O)!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ATC's! A beautiful background for the butterflies and I love the black micro beads, a great effect. SO beautiful made!! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely creations! Love the texture and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous little ATC's with the Lindy's background making such bold statements to anchor the butterflies. Deceptively simple and just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret, everytime I see something you've created it quickly becomes my new favorite, and this is no exception! I just am amazed at your background and how wonderful those Threads and Borders and dark prills look. Your doodling really takes this to the next level, something I would never think to do! Wow, you've impressed me so, once again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love these, those butterflies are just divine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous cards....great elements you added.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.