Tuesday 13 March 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #207 - Go Green

Well, hello again my dear visitors, and welcome.  So happy you decided to stop by my blog.

It is time for another Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  This time around, Judy is our host and the Theme is Go Green.  Your creation doesn't have to be totally green but we would like the majority of it to be green.  In other words, please don't just pop a leaf in the corner and think it will qualify, it must be mainly green.

For a bit of a change from my usual card .. this time I have created a couple of ATCs.

The background was part of a masterboard that I created a while ago and never used.   Felt it was ideal for this Challenge.  The board was made with Distress Inks.   The colours I used are Forest Moss, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed.
I used some translucent texture paste through a harlequin stencil and, while it was still wet, I sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it.
This is one of the few times that I actually managed to heat emboss something without getting the powder all over the place and making a mess.   Yayy me!!!
The chippies are from Imaginarium amd  I lightly coloured them with a VersaMark stamp pad in Laurel Leaf and then rubbed the edges randomly with Twinkling H2O's.   It looks a bit yellow in the photo but IRL it is a sparkly gold and looks quite pretty.
Attached a small Kaisercraft brad and added some prills and microbeads.

The second ATC is a mirror image of the first. 
I used all the same elements and just placed them on the opposite sides.
There is a little bit of stamping on the background and, the paper underneath the chippies are scraps left over from the previous ATCs I created HERE.  Some of the techniques I used on that set I have also used on these.
Both quotes were generated on my computer and I doodled around all the edges with a Sharpie pen. 
Finished off both ATCs with some splashes of black and white acrylic paint.
Another look at both ATCs together.
Quite happy with the way these turned out.  Hope you like them too.

Also hope I have given a little inspiration for you to join in with the Challenge and would love for you to  pop on over to the Crafty blog and take a look at the wonderful creations by my Teamies.   You are certain to get inspired then.  Looking forward to seeing what you create!!

To get all the details of the Challenge and to link up your entry
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #207 - Go Green.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and for any little comment you may care to leave.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
oxox Marg


16 comments:

  1. Wow these are so stunning!! The texture is amazing!! I love the colors of the background and the details you added!! They are so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, These gorgeous little masterpieces look wonderful... They might be small but there is a lot of details on each one.. love the chippie love the stencilling and love that you have used brads, I have lots of brads I should get them out and use them... wonderful creating, thanks for always inspiring me... Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ATCs are beautiful, I love how much texture you have packed into those tiny spaces, the chippies look fantastic and I always love it when you use those prills - had to buy some after seeing your use of them... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. High Margaret, loving your ATCs. Gorgeous detail and texture. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me how so much beauty can be contained in such a small area! Your ATC's are marvelous!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Margaret!!! These are gorgeous! Love the sentiments on both and such an artistic approach to the challenge theme! Gorgeously inspiring and simply breathtaking!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning textures and design. Love those details. Have a great creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I really love the white against the dark background. And the beads are a wonderful bit of texture.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful ATCs. Love all the texture and contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg~ These are amazing ATC's! I just love your work~ All the textures are soo cool and the prills and beads add so much as well. Very inspirational and one of my fave's of yours : ) (until I see my next fave : ) hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW wow wow! What incredible textures and mottled color! I adore these Marg! You've certainly inspired me today. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Margy, these are just stunning, love all the texture and details too. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Margaret, you are totally rocking the ATC's!! These are just fantastic, so much texture and layer upon layer of wonderful elements. I love the deep green tones, very vintage and rustic! A gorgeous set of mixed media cards, very well designed!

    The weather here has been so dull and grey, I would actually call it a complete lack of weather!! No sun, no rain, no snow, just grey, grey and more grey. Good thing I have tons of new crafting supplies to play with. lol. Still haven't brought myself to pick up my camera, but I did take a walk to the lake the other day to check out the gazillion seagulls that were making a ruckus. lol. Well I hope you have a great week my friend, sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much to discover on your ATC's Margaret and I love every discovery. They look awesome. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love this mixed media artwork! So many details on these little wonders! I love the deep, mysterious colors and the mix of the microbeads and prills. Such an inspiring pair of ATCs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely stunning! I love the colours, the textures and the designs! So perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.