Monday 19 February 2018

Dream in Colour - Art Journal Page

Hello sweet visitors and welcome to my blog.
So happy you came for a visit.

I would like to share my latest journal page with you.  I actually started this one quite a while ago.  Last year in fact.   I put it aside as I had to make some Christmas cards, and didn't get back to it until recently.

At first, I really had no idea what I wanted to do so I just started playing around.
 I adhered a sheet of tissue paper to the page with Matte Medium and then sprinkled some Magicals powder onto it and sprayed it with water.
 I think a lot of the colour actually seeped in under the tissue.  Not sure if that's because I hadn't glued it down properly or if the Medium wasn't strong enough.  I think this was actually the main reason that I put it aside, I wasn't really happy that most of the colour got lost.
 When I came across it again and took another look at it, I decided it wasn't that bad after all.  So it looks a little pale .. doesn't matter .. so a lot of the colour got lost somewhere .. doesn't matter.  Do I like it??   I don't hate it!  In the end I just decided to go with it, so I did a little stamping ..
 .. and added some words.
Darkened one corner with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (which also kind of got lost a bit) ..
.. and added a chippie by 2Crafty Chipboard.  I painted it white and then added a bit of colour (deliberately faint this time!) with the same Magicals.

Voila!!  The finished page.
Like I said, I may not love it, but at least I don't hate it and, I learned from it!  Isn't that what Art Journaling is all about?? ... I think so!

I am entering this in the following Challenge
 Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge #35 - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you as well for any comment you may care to leave for me.  I would love to know what you think about this page and I so appreciate you taking the time.

Take care, be happy and God Bless.

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Margaret!! The texture is amazing!! I love the colors and the details!! It's so artistic and gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!! Margaret, your talent is never-ending!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think that creating especially with mixed media is alive, we add stuff and it goes the way it wants, sometimes to our surprise it looks the way we thought, or sometimes, totally different and that is the beauty of it I reckon! I love this page, I dont think you could add anything else.. it is just right.. love the flourish and love the quote.. and that would have to be a favourite stamp that one from Kaisercraft too... lovely page.. it is good to just have a play every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally adore this Marg, so glad you rediscovered it! I actually love the pale hues on this, it makes it look so etherial. Love the chippie you added and the quote is just perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredibly beautiful Marg and I am crazy over the wrinkled texture and soft colors. Absolutely stunning and such an inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful! I love the colors and the soft textures. Such a great journal page.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Art Journalling is gorgeous Margaret. I love the colour and textures and the fact that you went on a journey into unexpected places with sometime surprising outcomes. I think that's what so Joyous about the whole Art Journalling experience. I love the unpredictable component of it all and your finished piece is a delight. So glad you found it and started over with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Margaret, this is just incredible! I love when you tap your inner mixed media, such brilliant designs that flow out of you!! I love the background, all the amazing blue and green tones mixed together and the incredible texture! The stamping is amazing and I really adore that wonderful wood flourish! GORGEOUS creation!!!

    Yesterday I spent some time sweeping the water off the patio. All the rain and the warm temperatures have melted all of the snow. This warm weather makes me begin to think about spring, but it's just a tease. We still have 2-3 months left before it's warm enough to even consider setting up the patio, so I wish winter would just be winter until then. lol. Hope you have a wonderful week, sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what there isn't to LOVE about this Marg! I think it's perfect! I love the blended colours that combine to form a very cool effect and that shade of blue is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful journal page. The pretty, subtle colours look wonderful and you've created a fabulous sense of depth.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.