Saturday 20 January 2018

Birds and Blooms!

Hello everyone and welcome!  So pleased you decided to stop by!


So, here I am to share another card with you.  Cards are about all I'm creating at the moment.  I do want to make a little journal with my new Eileen Hull Journal Die which I won from Anne Redfern last year.  Haven't yet decided what kind of journal I wish to make so, it's still up in the air at the moment.  Hopefully though, I will get it done sometime soon.

In the meantime, here is my card.
It was made with some old papers from Maja and some new ones from Kaisercraft. 

The flowers I have used on this card are from Megs Garden.  I usually buy my flowers white and then colour them with sprays to match the card I am making. 
The chippie flourish is from 2Crafty Chipboard.  I lightened it by daubing with White CLoud Versa Magic.
I have had those cute little resin birds for many years.  I won these from a sweet lady called Sandie Edwards (I believe she is Sandie Bolt now).  She owned a site called Delightfully Crazy and she was a great help to me when I first started sharing my creations.   Sandie stopped blogging a few years ago and, unfortunately we have lost touch, but I still think of her often and was crazily delighted (LOL!!) when I rediscovered these little birds in my stash.
Finished the card off with a twine bow and some prills and microbeads!!


I have been hearing so much about all the crazy weather around the world and it is affecting us here too.  The last three days the temperature has been above 40degrees.  That is centigrade which is around 100 in fahrenheit!  Have been virtually hugging the airconditioner and will be so glad when it's over.  Hope the weather, wherever you are, is being kind to you and that you are having yourselves a lovely day.

Thank you so much for dropping by.
Take care and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, I hope you have not melted away!! I just wish some of the larger bits of me would melt in the heat but it aint working!!! hehe! but yes, it has been so hot... and so very dry up this way... I hope we all get some lovely rain really soon... Your card is so pretty, I love the blooms, the chippie flourish and the hint of texture with the prills, and love the birds.. and yes I remember that blog, Sandie created so beautifully.. I guess life takes us in different directions.. I hope the rest of your weekend is good Marg, and hopefully the temperatures will be more pleasant in the coming week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Th is is so stunning!! I love the layers and the gorgeous flowers!! The birds are such a sweet touch!! Beautiful card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart card, with the polka dots and neutrals and how lovely that you rediscovered the sweet birds. They look right at home in the cluster. The air con is working overtime at our place too, but unlike you creating up a storm, I've been flopped on the bed with a book and a cuppa pretending I'm not here! Enough slouching about though, I have deadlines to meet and must get on. Try to keep cool. We have a Birthday party to attend on Friday and it's going to be 42C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Absolutely Fabulous card Margaret .Would love to know what card dimensions you usually work with.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Marg Love those little resin birds tucked into the floral cluster.
    Going to be another hot weekend...keep cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is stunning!! Love those little birds! What an elegant and gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, stunning and love the layers too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.