Friday 17 November 2017

A Christmas Duo

Hello sweet visitors and welcome to my blog.  So pleased that you dropped in.
Hope you are having a wonderful day and that the weather is being kind to you.

I have some Christmas cards to share today.  Hope you are not getting sick of them yet as I still have quite a few to show you.  I am actually sharing two today.  You probably guessed that already by the title .. LOL!!  These two cards are very similar so I thought I would post them together.

The papers used on both these cards is from a small paper pad by Craft Smith called 'Always Christmas'.
 This first card is the feminine version .. 'cos I added a touch of lace and a strip of pearls!  LOL!!
 A fairly simple design incorporating a piece of corrugated board underneath and then bits of different papers mounted on cardstock and layered over one another.
 The poinsettia was handmade with a die from Poppy Crafts and the Pine Branch is a die from Impression Obsession.
 The chipboard bauble greeting is from Scrapmatts.  The words were grey originally, I simply traced over them with a red pen to add a bit of colour..

Card two has a more masculine look (no lace, no pearls) although the design is pretty much the same.


 Just a normal white flower instead of the poinsettia and, instead of just a bow, the gold string was first wrapped around the layers .. 
 .. and the greeting is a simple gold sticker.


And there you have it!!  Two more Christmas cards done and dusted.

As I said I still have plenty more to show you so I shall be back in a few more days to do exactly that!
Only 5 and a half weeks to go!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and, whatever your plans are for the day, make it a good one!

Take care and God Bless.

14 comments:

  1. They're both so gorgeous!! The layers are amazing!! I love the papers you used and details!! Beautiful cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly elegant cards Margaret! Love the rich colors, gorgeous design and such great details!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, these are just gorgeous! I absolutely love these papers, the traditional red and green palette, the plaid patterns, the text patterns, it's all so festive!! Wonderful accent pieces, and I love how you made one more feminine and one more masculine just by switching up a few small things! Amazing holiday creations!

    We had another warm streak here but the temperatures have finally dipped down a bit. They say we may get snow today or tomorrow, but that may be wishful thinking on my part! Just in case though, I have my hot chocolate with marshmallows all ready to go!! lol. Hope all is well with you my friend, sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your feminine and masculine versions! So beautiful and festive. The greenery and plaid have definitely caught my eye. Lovely works of art!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to do a mascuine and feminine version, - both are absolutely stunning! Love those tradional papers (wit a Scottish twist lol). Beautifull embellished and great design on both, love them!!

    Weather here cold and windy, but luckily our house is nice and cosy inside :o) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend, I just love your style! The plaids and pretty handmade poinsettias warm my heart! I love the additional fold, what an exquisite feel it gives! Such beautiful inspiration this morning, thank you so much! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to you Marge, Your cards really brought a smile to my face : )
    Absolutely gorgeous layering and textures, and evokes a real Christmas
    spirit~ Love your encouraging work~ Hugs to you from snowy MT USA~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful Christmas cards in lovely traditional colours. Beautiful designed with the layers, so elegant and the poinsettia with the beaded center looks great! The currogated board on the other is a perfect add, I allways love kraft on Christmas cards. I realy must get ahead with my cards, I've only made three up till now. Have a lovely weekend. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Margaret. Love the plaid background, the fold and that super gorgeous poinsettia on the first one. Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg, I hope your weekend is going well.. we are enjoying some beautiful rain today, so very welcome.. Your cards are beautiful.. I love the tartan paper and the simple design with the blooms and sprigs looks lovely.. Another week closer to Christmas... your cards will all be lovely!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat to see these cards in the traditional colours and with tartan featured so beautifully. Amazing how a tweak can change a feminine focus to a masculine one and both are equally special. 5 and a half weeks you say? Yikes! I have some started, but there's a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am most definitely not getting tired of seeing them! The tartan papers are wonderful and I love the shape of your cards, the extra fold is such a nice change! Your layering and embellishments are beautiful, I especially love the lace and pearls on the first one and the poinsettia is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how inspired I am every time I see your gorgeous cards! I'm loving the Tartan plaid with the touches of gold! Great idea to make two similar cards, but the designs give two completely different results. Love them both! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.