Monday 19 June 2017

Crafty CardmakersChallenge #191 - Here Comes Summer!

Hello lovely visitors!!  Welcome!!
Hope you are having a fabulous day!!

Crafty Cardmakers have a new Challenge starting today!  The theme is 'Here Comes Summer' and June is our host.

As always, anything you make is fine as long as it follows the Summer theme.

A bit hard to get into a summer kind of mood in this part of the world at the moment, I know.  We are just at the start of Winter and it's been really cold here in Adelaide so it was quite hard to think of warmth and sunshine but, that's what I think of when I think of Summer.  Hot days and a profusion of flowers in the garden!!  So, that's what I had in mind when I made this card.

The papers are from Maja's Vintage Summer Basics and, although they look quite orangy here, they are really more of a warm yellow.

Wrapped some twine around the base papers  and used my fave flowers from Megs Garden after spritzing them with some colour.  Added lots of texture underneath the cluster with twine, gauze and also some sisal.


I added a little extra colour with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Magicals.  You can't see it at all in these photos but it actually gave this card a lovely gold shimmer .. so pretty IRL!


I created the sentiment by simply printing it on my computer, trimming it to size, distressing the edges and glueing it to the card.


Had to add lots of prills and micro beads of course.  Can't seem to make feminine cards without them .. LOL!!




Hope you like my Summery card and that I have inspired you to join in with the Challenge.
For more inspiration, go and take a look at the fabulous creations by the rest of the Team and then join in the fun!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #191 -Here Comes Summer!!
Don't forget to read the rules and please take note of our 15 Challenge limit!

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and have a look and do enjoy the rest of your day!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

17 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is one stunning Summer card Margaret! Love the soft colors and your design is simply marvelous!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Margaret!! I love the layers and design!! Your attention to detail is spectacular!! I love, love this!! So gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous Summery card with those soft blooms taking centre stage. Love the textures and layering and like you, I'm a big fan of micro beads and prills ( I just bought another bottle today) Sssshh! The string adds another dimension which draws the eye right to the edges. It's another stunner. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super gorgeous Margaret a real piece of art. We are melting over here at the moment no oxygene in the air and melting hot. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Margaret. The layering is perfection. The UK has been so hot recently and we are just not used to it but looks like it might cool down today. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg, Honestly I cant really complain about the weather up this way, the nights are cold yes, but the days are simply brilliant.. in the sun it is so warm, but I know the cold days are coming!! Your card is so pretty, I love all the gauze and prills and beads and of course the pretty flowers, love the twine wrapped around the centre like that.. and lovely on the inside as well... I hope your week is going well... take care...

    ReplyDelete
  7. mind blowing gorgeous creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty and I just love those colours. Like Lizzy... our weather is about the same so I don't mind our winters. I still sleep with aircon on... can't take the private summers :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning creation Margaret. I confess I could really use a little of your cold weather just at the moment. It is incredibly hot here in the UK and I find it very difficult to cope in the heat. We are never satisfied are we lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully layered card Margaret. Love all of those gorgeous details. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful design, inside and out! Love this Margaret! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so delicate! I could sink right into this beautiful card, Margaret! You make lovely cards, and I just can't get enough of your inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card with lovely papers and beautiful flowers! I love the little beads. Stunning as allways! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... this is stunning Marg, I so LOVE it

    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with June, this is stunning, so pretty and feminine too, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. just a stunning creation!! love, love all the details..amazing.
    BTW, love your blog header too!
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.