Thursday 25 May 2017

Another One for the Men

Hello lovely visitors and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you came by.

Sharing another man card with you today.  I've still got a few of these I need to make for this year so trying to get them done and then I can start on my Christmas cards.  Oh my goodness, did I just mention Christmas??!!??  So sorry, didn't really mean to do that .. don't even want to think about it yet!!!  (It is sneaking up on us though!)

The papers on this one are a bit of a mix.

The paper used as the base layer is from my stash .. I have no idea where it came from.  
I wouldn't normally have used this on a male card because of the lace and flower print but the colours were perfect and I think it works really well with the embellies I've used.
The corrugated board came from packaging.  I simply tore away the top layer to expose the corrugations and then inked the edges.

The Hour glass and the 'Design' label are from an ephemera sheet of the Sherlock Journal Vol 2 Paper Collection by Megs Garden.



The metal gears and cogs were also found in my stash.  The clock is a free printable from the net which I mounted on a piece of chipboard and then coated with Glossy Accents.



The sentiment was printed out, inked, and then mounted on a piece of cardstock ..




.. and .. Voila!!  Another one done and dusted!!
I made two cards again this time, which is working out really well for me, but I decided to show the other one at a later date.

That's it from me for today!  Thank you so much for coming by and taking a look, I really appreciate your visit!
 Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.


9 comments:

  1. You are the queen of masculine cards Marg, this is another stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are the queen of masculine cards Margy. I don't think I have ever seen anyone churn them out like you do and even though you have a distinctive style... they are all a little different. I always come here first when I have to do a masculine card. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg, what a fabulously grungy blokey card, love the torn corrugated card and great colors.. and hey I know that this year is flying, and I am pretty sure I need to get a bit of a move on with my christmas cards too... maybe we can live in denial for a bit longer!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comments that you are indeed the queen of masuline cards! A beautiful card in lovely vintage colours and fab design. All the details so well matched. Stunnng! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masculine card. I have 9 masculine cards to make for June and July.Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It is so very manly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so love this masculine card Margaret. It looks FABulous. And I agree the lace on the background piece doesn't bother at all. Because of the dark colour of that background piece it fitts the male card perfectly. Love all the elements. Enjoy a hopefully sunny weekend, hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your blokes won't object to a few flowers and a bit of lace - that paper is gorgeous and it does anchor all the added layers perfectly. Love the corrugated board, the gears, clock and string. Instantly recognisable as your style, yet each card is unique. Like Val, I refer to your blog when I need to create a masculine card and I have far heaps to make, just like you do. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous man card! Love the layers and textures....perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love visiting your blog and playing catch up(well, probably will not catch up). I am totally inspired by your lovely work, and you make such amazing masculine cards! Fabulous design with so many great masculine details! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.