Tuesday 14 March 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - #184 For a Special Woman/Girl

Hello craft lovers and welcome to my blog.  Hope your day is going well.

Sally is hosting the new Challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and it is to make something for a special woman in your life.  It would also be nice if you would share with us who your creation is for.

As usual, anything you enter is fine, a card, scrap layout,  mixed media piece, home decor .. as long as it is for a Special Female.

This is another scheduled post as I am still away Cruising with my darling hubby!!

Before I show you my card I need to tell you that this design is not my own.  I actually lifted it from Pamellia Johnson at My Little Craft Things.  Do yourself a favour and pop over there to take a look at her stunning creations.  You will be gobsmacked just like I was.  Her work is awesome and, if you like wildlife, she shares the most amazing photos of the birds and squirrels that abound around where she lives.  She feeds these little critters and takes the most wonderful photos.  I love visiting her blog.

So, onto my contribution to the Challenge.


The papers are from Maja's Vintage Summer Basics Collection.  I actually managed to lay my hands on a 6 x 6 paper pad and I really, really, REALLY (LOL!!) love these papers. The main flowers (the two large blooms and the rose bud) are from Megs Garden.  If you know my works you also know that these are my fave, go to flowers.  They come  in a creamy white version and they are so easy to colour.

The main reason I love this design, apart from the fabulous layers, is the two hidden tags on the front.  I do love putting tags on cards, and I really adore these little hidden beauties.

 The basic design is pretty much exactly like Pamellia's.  The sizes may be different and the colour certainly is.  Also, I don't have a focal image and I have added a few different embellies, like the prills.

Other than that though, this is a straight up lift.


The bow is made from seam binding and it was coloured with Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain.

I also decorated the inside, like I usually do.

The Special Woman for whom this card is made is my niece.  She will be celebrating her 50th Birthday a little later this year.

I do hope you have found some inspiration here to join in with our "Special Woman' Challenge.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #184 - For a Special Woman/Girl

Thank you so much for dropping by and taking a look.
Hope you have a fabulous day!

Take care and God Bless.
oxox  Marg

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous case of Pamellia's card, Margaret!! I love the layers and the colors!! The tags are fabulous!! And the inside is beautiful, too!! Your niece will treasure it!! I hope you and your hubby are enjoying the cruise!! Safe travels :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful take on Pamellia's creations. She sure does create amazing cards. Your card is gorgeous and in such beautiful colors.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the layers and beautiful ribbon and flowers. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! I hope you are having a wonderful time! You will be happy to know we are having some beautiful rain here, so glad about that! Your card is soooo pretty, love the layers, pretty flowers and I am sure the recipient will live it! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous! ADORE the hidden tags...so neat! Love, love, love the seam binding ribbon & that touch of pink in there. REALLY cute... must go check out her blog, I LOVE squirrels! AND I hope your cruise is/was good. Have a feeling it will almost be over by now :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card with the soft colours and layering. Love the surprise tags for a special message or two. I will be sure to have a look at Pamellieas card too. The prills are a lovely touch and the dyed ribbon - beautiful! Hope you've had a relaxing time cruising and feel refreshed and renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Margaret, you have really bowled me over today with this wonderful case of my card (Pion Design - Vintage Roses with Video) and all of the kind words you have said! I am just smiling from ear to ear right now, you are so sweet and I am truly honoured to have been even a small part of your inspiration!! This is just stunning! I love the papers you used, the blues are wonderful with the pops of pale yellow and pink. The print on the tags is fantastic! I think the floral arrangement is just wonderful, no need for a focal image, the gorgeous flowers are the focus! Thank you once again for putting some bounce in my step this morning, you have surely brightened my day!! sending hugs and hopes that your cruise is the absolute best for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and a wonderful take on the original. wow!Totally in love with those two tags!.
    Hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just beautiful Margy... I love the colours and the layers. Pameillia's cards are just so beautiful too. Great job with this. I am sure that your niece will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret, I saw your blog mentioned on Pamellia's blog and I had to come see what she cased from YOU! In the meantime, I found this card and came back to say you have done an amazing job with her lovely inspiration! The colors are beautiful and your flowers are drop dead gorgeous against that amazing bow and lovely lace! Love all the details! I'm your newest follower! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.