Monday 20 June 2016

A 'Manly' Card

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, so pleased you came for a visit.  A special welcome to my new followers, thank you so much for joining me on my creative journey!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I'm back to share another 'man' card with you today.   Have seen lots of comments about how difficult 'man' cards are to make and, in a way, I do agree.  Being female, I guess feminine is so much simpler anyway .. I just go with the things I like.  Find some pretty paper, pop on a few flowers, maybe a bit of glitter, etc. but what do you put on man cards???

Well, the basic designs are similar to my feminine cards but I mainly stick with paper layers and then add some clocks, or cogs, maybe some eyelets  .. anything really that is a bit more 'macho'.  The men in my life simply would not like flowers on their cards (they are too 'manly' for that .. LOL!!) so I steer well clear of those or anything else that's considered feminine (like butterflies .. he! he!).  I add twine, maybe some burlap ribbon or some of that dry wall tape that was all the rage a little while ago .. I have even in the past, added small pieces of gutter guard to build them up ..  you could also add in graphics of motorbikes or cars .. all those kinds of 'boy toys' .. as I said, anything that looks a bit more on the manly side.  I don't think  male card are more difficult to make but you do have to put yourself into more of a 'man' frame of mind and that (I think) is the most difficult part.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling, here is my card. 


The papers are from Prima's Cartographer 6" Paper Pad and all the edges have been distressed, as you can see.


Added some metal trinkets.


Think this is only the second time I have actually used some staples .. must say I like it!!  Should do it more often.  The tiny bit of stamping was done with Archival ink and Kaisercraft's 'Arty' stamp.


Popped in some eyelets and attached some twine to the tag.  The little clock was found in my stash.  I must have made it up ages ago.  Not sure where the print came from but, I had punched it out, glued it to a piece of chipboard and then covered it in Glossy Accents.  Comes in handy sometimes to have these pre-made embellies .. will have to make some more.




I tried to heat emboss the greeting but had so much trouble with it.  Did it a couple of times but just couldn't get it crisp and clean.  Was left with all these little blobs around the words .. looked like it had measles .. LOL!!  So I just stamped it instead.  It'll do!




Pockets on the inside for a voucher and a personal message.  Punched the edges with EK Success 'Binding Edge' and the bit of stenciling was done with 'Gathered Twigs' Distress Ink and Tim Holtz 'Latticework' stencil.


A few splashes of black and white ink and ..  voila!!  Done and dusted!!

So, there you go .. another card ready and waiting to be posted off.  Always glad to get another one finished.

Thank you so much for dropping by today.  I do hope I have passed on a little inspiration.

Take care, stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day.
God Bless.

I know God has a plan.
I pray for the Patience to wait for it,
the Direction to follow it,
and the Wisdom to know when it comes. 


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous Male card, love all the layers and distressing, I agree it is hard to make Male Cards, I should try to create more of them, love your card Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous textures. this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful male card Margaret! Thanks for your inspiration! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one can put man cards together quite like you Marg, this is another absolute stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH! Love the little saying down the bottom.... & yup! Master - I mean MISTRESS??!!!!!! - of man cards for certain. I actually really liked your suggestions - might pop them in a notebook for next time I have to 'suck it up' & make one!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! I hope your week is off to a great start! I love your Man cards! love all the grunged rugger embellies you have on your man card as well as the stamping and layers.. I hope he liked it!! Have a great week, a bit cooler here today with westerly wind.. bbrrr!! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Margy - another fabulous blokes card to inspire and delight. I do love these papers and have a few still tucked away. Love these use of the eyelets and the twine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marg! Your card is amazing! (It is so true for me, guy cards are so hard.) You have made this to perfection! Loving all the great layers of this (Prima) paper, and the textures you've included. Gorgeous! : ) Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I do agree with you it just requires more thought and sometimes that is just hard work lol... I do love this card with all its manly layers. So cool. I am sure any man would be delighted to receive it too. Thanks for all your inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Margaret! I love all the dark tones with the neutrals, so perfect for a masculine design. Lots of distressed layers and I love the staples you added too! Fantastic design! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly an inspiration to those wanting to create cards for the men in their lives. This is stunning!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.