Thursday 3 September 2015

A Card for a Friend

Hello my lovely visitors and welcome to my blog and a very warm welcome too to my new followers.  So pleased you decided to tag along on my creative journey.  Thank you.
I hope everyone is having a lovely day.  It's supposed to be Spring here in Adelaide but it's
cold and wet and miserable!!  Can't even take the dogs for a walk .. don't like it!! 

So, now that I've had my little gripe, I'd like to share a card with you.  It's been a while since I posted and I had actually forgotten about this one as it was made for a friend and I couldn't show it until it had been received.  Was reminded about it when she showed it on facebook .. forget my head if it wasn't screwed on .. LOL!!


This is another instance where, I made a tag, and then simply attached it to folded cardstock and turned it into a card.   I also seem to be stuck in a loop with the colours but I love this combination .. light and fresh and very 'Spring' (wishful thinking)!


The papers are from Megs Garden's 'English Rose Garden' Mini Paper Pack.  As you can see, I used three layers and attached a strip of dry wall tape on one side.  I also tucked some strips of lace in between the layers.  The seam binding was coloured with watered down acrylic paint.


The roses are the 'Puffy Paper Flowers', also from Megs Garden (and my fave flower) which have been sprayed with watered down acrylic paint. 


Added a stamen cluster, twine and strips of gauze to my cluster and also scattered some seed beads around.


A closer look at the metal trinket.


The inside with a pocket on the right hand side for a little note.


I dry-brushed the flowers and the trinket with gesso and my card was done!  Hope you like it!!  My friend did .. she said so on facebook .. thanks Linda!!

Well, as they say in the cartoons, 'That's all folks'!!  For now anyway .. he!he!

Thank you all so much for paying me a visit and do enjoy the rest of your day. 


Take care and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card as usual Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to be summer here, but I wager the weather is probably worse than down your way! lol.
    Gorgeous card.Love that colour combination and all those delicious layers! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card Marg! So very pretty with all the blooms! Love the lace and gauze too! And we have had a cold windy day here today, still waiting for spring! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Spring is just around the corner....better be or I'll be after it!!! Love the light, pretty colours you've used and that little peek of lace too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely Marg! And I love your staging with all your cute animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret,
    Your card is so very gorgeous and elegant and I'm sure your friend did a happy dance upon receipt of this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layers and a fresh, spring look to this pretty card Margaret. I always like the inside decoration and the stamp is lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.