Thursday 28 May 2015

May Shares for 2Crafty Chipboard - #3

Hello everyone and welcome once again to my blog.  
Hope you are having a lovely day.  Our weather here in Adelaide has been very kind to us the last few days.  Hopefully it will continue for a little while before we head into our winter weather.

This is the third and final installment of my 2Crafty shares for May. 

2Crafty Chipboard is a major sponsor at Off the Rails for the month of May and I was thrilled to be one of the Guest Designers.  The Guest post went live on the 20th and HERE is the link if you'd like to take a look.

This is the mood board..

http://offtherailsscrapbooking.blogspot.ca/2015/05/may-challenge.html

... and this is the card I created.


The papers are from Kaisercraft's Base Coat Mini Pad.

 2Crafty Chipboard used
 Bubble Clumps

 Numbers Panels

Hessian Patch Panel

 Mini Word Set



The Bubble Clump was painted with a navy Blue acrylic paint and then inserted between the paper layers.


The Hessian Panel was simply swiped with a VersaMagic stamp pad in Midnight Black.  I really adore this chippy.  I love using it as a background for a flower cluster or, in this case, as the base for the Numbers Panel.


The Numbers Panel was first swiped with Versacolor stamp pads in black, red and light blue and then it was coated with Viva Clear Crackle paint.  I'm afraid I got a bit impatient here and decided to dry it with a heat gun.  Got a little too close in a couple of spots and ended up with a few bubbles but, overall, I love the effect.  Very different from how it looks when left to dry naturally.  After it was dry, and cooled off, I swiped it over again with the same stamp pads just to deepen the colour. 



I usually decorate the inside of my cards with some strips of paper and, this time, I also added one of the words from the Mini Word Set.


It was coloured with VersaMagic Midnight Black and coated with Glossy Accents.



Well, I hope you like my card and that you have enjoyed all of my May shares.  Hopefully I will see you next month for my very last 2Crafty post.   It will be sad to leave and I will miss everyone on the Team, they have been a fantastic group to work with.  Pop on over to the blog to see all the wonderful projects they have created.  HERE is the link.  

Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Margie, this is absolutely stunning!!! I adore the crackle on the numbers and I absolutely love all the layers on this! I think this is my favourite so far of the May ones, just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is amazing- the way you've got those 3 colours on the numbers --- fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the details that you add to your work...loving the crackled effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marg this card is fantastic! Love the burnt look.. Looks so aged and rustic.. You use chippies so well on your cards! It has been a mild day up here but nights are cold... I have a wood fire so our house is warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Marg! Gorgeous chippie choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is rustic gorgeousness ... made with love , I can tell x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.