Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Butterfly Book Kit for Megs Garden

Hello everyone and welcome to my Blog!!  So glad you popped in for a visit.

My turn again to share a project created with some fabulous Megs Garden products.  I have created another mini Album.  This is a wallet style album and, all the papers used here, are from the new Butterfly Book Kit.  Just like the other Book Kits that are now available in the store, this one contains all the papers and ephemera you could possible need to create an Album to hold your most precious photos.
 So, grab a cuppa, and make yourself comfortable because there are a lot of photos!!


The base of this album is deep blue cardstock.  It only measures 5.5" x 5.5" and it is only 0.75" thick, but it will hold quite a lot of wallet size photos.


Used a Tim Holtz stencil with Viva Crackle paint on the front flap.  Once it was dry I brushed the area with Silver Distress Paint and blue acrylic paint which had been watered down quite severely so the colour wasn't overwhelming.   I really love the effect.


The flower cluster is a mix of blooms from Megs Garden and also from Kaisercraft.  I've added some clear micro beads to the flowers and also some seed beads in and around the cluster as well as incorporating some twine, some burlap strands and a small piece of gauze.


The top flap opened out.  I've simply done a little stamping and stencil work here.  You won't find a lot of embellishments in this book.  I've only used some stickers and some lace to decorate it as the book is only small and I didn't want to bulk it up too much.


Bottom flap down.  Again only stamped and senciled.


The first page with lace from Megs Garden, a sticker and, again, stamped and stencilled.


Second page.  I added a little paint splat in the corner this time. Just for an extra touch of colour.


The back of page 1.  The 'pocket' was fussy cut from papers in the kit and the labels are part of the ephemera.


Inked the edges of the pocket and added some glitter glue to the flower centers.  The photo doesn't really show the glitter too well but it actually looks quite pretty.


All of the edges were inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.


The back of page 2.  Different paper, different tag, similar pocket.




All of the labels and tags used are from the ephemera sheets.


Page 3.  As this is the Butterfly Book Kit, of course there have to be butterflies in the book.  This one is actually from the Butterfly Transparencies Sheet.


 Page 4.  I have used a butterfly sticker here.  Aren't the papers stunning??   You really don't need to add lots of embellies when the papers are this gorgeous.


The back of page 3.  The belly band was also cut from the papers as is the semi circular piece at the bottom of the page.  I call this my little 'tag stop', becaaauuse it 'stops the tags' from falling out when you hold the book up.  LOL!


Just a little stamping here.  This little butterfly is also from the Transparency Sheet.  I added some glitter glue to its body for a little sparkle.


 More labels!  There are some stunning vintage images that come with this kit too.  I will give you a link at the end of this post so you can see the entire Kit for yourself.


The back of page 4 which is very similar again to the previous page.






Page 5.  These next two pages open up and then down.


The back of page 5.


Page 6 ...


... and the back of page 6 with another sticker.


We're almost at the end folks, I hope you are still with us.  This last opening is a gate fold.  (If I don't mention it, do you think people will notice that I've put the papers on upside down????)  So unfortunate that there is some writing on this page, or you probably would not have been able to tell.  Ah well,  gives it character I say!!  LOL!!  Once the photos are in no-one will notice anyway!!  I hope!!


And the last page with the gate folds opened!!


Another fussy cut pocket and butterfly cut from the Kit.  Added some flat back pearls this time.  As you can see, there are moths as well as butterflies in this kit.  Still pretty!


Labels and tickets fussy cut from the Kit.


The back of the book was  left plain ...


and here it is fully opened.  I mentioned at the beginning that this book will hold quite a lot of wallet sized photos but, of course, they don't have to be all wallet sized.  The book is too small for 6 x 4 photos but it will take some in between sizes, you just won't be able to use quite as many.


Well, we have finally come to the end.  I hope you have enjoyed leafing through my little wallet style album and that I have inspired you to make something similar for yourself.  Megs Garden has a selection of Book Kits which are available in printed or digital form and they are absolutely fabulous as they contain everything you need paper wise, for whatever style of book you might wish to make.  HERE is the link which will take you directly to the Book Collection page and, while you're there, why not browse through the store and grab some embellishments too.  Happy crafting!!!

Megs Garden products used
Butterfly Book Kit
More Butterflies Transparency Sheet
Lace
Flowers

To visit the Megs Garden Blog and view the awesome creations made by my Teamies HERE is the link.
Thank you so much for visiting  and perhaps leaving a little comment.  I would love to know what you think.  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless

 oxox Marg

12 comments:

  1. OMG Margie, this is out of this world stunning!!!!! Every single little page is a total little work of art in itself! I love the colour paletter, the neutral tones with the subtle hints of colour, just really amazing!! LOVE IT!! Oh and I would love to know also where the actual design for the booklet came from? As you know I adore projects like this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Astrid. Thank you once again for your lovely comments. I meant to mention where I got the design for this in my post but, obviously, I forgot. I found the video for this on You Tube. It's by Claire at My Creative Spirit and it is called the Large Wallet photo Album. I altered the dimensions and the design a bit from hers though. As with all albums, this one is quite adaptable. Thanks again for your encouragement and support!! Hugs ox

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is simply stunning! So many gorgeous pages and every one just gorgeous (even the upside down one!). I've not tried this style mini album yet, but I'm certainly feeling inspired to now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous work,I love everything about this

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me with your intricately designed mini albums, so beautifully created with such pretty details.. love this one too Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marg you make the most amazing albums!! And this is no exception!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Marg! So precise and so well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Margy, your books are always so special

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous! The papers are beautiful and you have framed each page so well. I appreciate your design restraint in decorating the pages and that only adds to the sophistication and elegance of the project. Wonderful compostion and presentation. Very nicely done.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is just beautiful and such a lot of work. I love that you have kept it clean. Just gorgeous Margy and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, I am completely gobsmacked. The detail in this is a real masterpiece. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.