Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, I hope you are having a wonderful day.
I'd like to share another card with you today. I've been experimenting a bit with the way I construct my cards. I've always loved distressing the edges of the papers I use on my cards. I really love that look. Rather than just leaving them flat and straight I like to mess them up a little, and, lately, I've been doing that more and more. Well, with this card I took it a bit further. Usually I cut my papers to size and then use a distressing tool, but this time I simply tore all the papers to the size I needed and then curled random parts of the edges quite drastically.
This is the result ...
... and I love it!! This card is fairly basic but with the added interest of the torn and curled papers I think it looks quite a bit more elaborate. I've been seeing this technique more and more on different Blogs I've visited and really, really love how it looks.
The papers used are from Pion's Flower Frames Collection.
Here is a closie of the netting and the stamens inserted between the layers and you can also see I've punched the edges of the green papers in random places.
Did a little stitching, and the flourish is a die cut from Marianne Creatables . I think it is from the Frame and Swirls Set but am not sure as I didn't make note of it. The deep green flower and the netting came in the Temptations in Green pack from Meg's Garden.com, and the light green flower is from Kaisercraft. The vintage brad in the centre of the flower also came from Meg's Garden.
The inside was simply lined with more paper from the same Collection.
A couple of different views ...
... and I do hope you like my little Shabby card.
I had fun with this process and I will be making more and more of my cards this way. I did actually make two cards today and I will be showing the 2nd one in the next couple of days. I hope you'll come back to check it out.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.