Monday 21 April 2014

Melanie's Card

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. 
Today I'd like to share a card with you which was not actually made by me although I did help a little.  This card was made by my darling 11 year old Granddaughter.  Her name is Melanie!!  We did actually start this card a while ago and, as she was here for a sleepover last night, we finished it this morning.  She chose the design, she chose the papers and the embellishments and she did most of the work herself.  I just helped her with some of the techniques 
and here it is!!
The design was taken from a card I had a picture of in my computer.  I must have found it a while ago because now I Pin the ones I like. Unfortunately I do not know where it came from or who made it. If anyone recognises it, please let me know and then I can acknowledge it.  The papers are from Kaisercraft's Magnolia Grove 6 x 6 Paper Pad and the flower is from Prima.  All the distressing and inking was done by my GD.  
The butterfly was cut using the Dragonfly Die from Magnolia Ink.  
The fancy label was cut from cardstock and then from a sheet of the paper and then they were glued together.  The Nestaboard Label was painted with white acrylic paint  and then stamped with the greeting in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  It was then clear embossed ( I had to give her a hand here because I had a bit of a problem with letting her use the heat gun )  Overprotective Nanna much??
The inside was lined with more of the KC paper and  edged with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Border Punch.  Simply showed my DGD how to use it and then she did it herself.  
A view of  the layers ...
... and all done!!!
I am a very proud Nana right now (actually I am always a very proud Nana ) ... I think she did a fabulous job.  As I said, all the  selections were made by her, I simply gave her a few choices.  Most of the work was also done by her.  I did do the die cutting as she had a problem getting it through the machine and I did the heat embossing, but other than that, it is all hers.
She rocked it!!!!!  She was also very excited when I said I would post it on my blog so, if you enjoyed it please leave her a little message.  We both would love that.  Thank you.

I do hope everyone enjoyed a Happy and Blessed Easter and thank you so much for visiting.
Take care and God Bless.
Marg & Melanie oxox


5 comments:

  1. HI.. I would say that this card is absolutely gorgeous and I love the colors and papers and the placement of each embellishment is faultless.. well done on making such a wonderful card!! You have every right to be a proud Nana Marg!! I hope you have had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Marg, and Melanie of course, this is a absolutely stunning, love the LO and the chosen colours. So beautifully put together with that pretty butterfly and gorgeous flower. The inside looks lovely too. One very talented young lady I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She certainly did rock it! I am sure you both had a lot of fun creating together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret and Melanie! You should both feel very proud. This card is stunning and gorgeous. I Love the colours, die-cut embellishment and flowers, but that lace is so beautiful. I understand your being so proud a Nana Margaret. I make cards with my Grand-daughter and Grandson also and it is a wonderful feeling to spend that quality time crafting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the papers on this one too the colours are just gorgeous. Attention to detail is just astounding. Another masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.