Saturday 8 February 2014

Art Journal - 'Bird House'

Hello everyone and welcome to my little blog.  
It has not been a nice day today weather wise.  We're suffering through another heat wave in Adelaide and it is not pleasant at all, although perhaps I'd rather have the heat than the masses of snow they are getting in other parts of the world.  I guess extreme weather is something we will always complain about, no matter which extreme we get.  Have to make the best of it I guess.
Anyway, I thought I'd share my next Art Journal page. 

 My background was, again, created with Distress Inks.  Some watered down 'Brushed Corduroy' and 'Broken China' were sprayed on and then flicked around the page, and then I dabbed 'Shabby Shutters' through some sequin waste.  
Then did the stamping using Kaisercraft's 'Arty', 'Crackle', 'Tic Toc' and 'Grafiti' stamps in Memento's 'Tuxedo Black'.    
 Stamped the Bird on some tissue paper and coloured it with water colour pencils.  It was then glued on with Multi-Medium and did the same with the Bird House in the picture below. 
Both of these stamps came with a magazine I bought quite a while ago and have no idea of who produced them. 

 The words I've used here are part of a quote ...


... by Albert Einstein.  Unfortunately, I can't give you the rest of it because I forgot to write it down and this was all I remembered.

I printed it on some tissue paper and then also glued it on with the Multi-Medium.  Then I just edged the page with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and it was done!!
I usually work on this Journal in between other projects so it takes me quite a while to do a page but I really love it.  I find it very therapeutic and soothing.  

Once again, I'd like to thank you for visiting.  I really appreciate you taking the time.
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg
  

9 comments:

  1. Totally stunning page!! Love the subtle stencilled background in all my favourite colours and the stamping is so artsy and kind of cool looking! Love the shabby feel of it! The quote is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you keep cool through the heat wave, SA seems to be coping the extreme weather this year...just looove this journal Margy!!! love that bird cage I have it in my stash somewhere...just fantastic...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your art page, and I have those bird house stamps too.. I think it was Australian Scrapbook ideas!!?? love the kaiser stamps too.. looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soft and subtle page....I love the layered stamping and the "Arty" stamp is my current fave :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pages in your journal are coming along quiet nicely, love this one with the little birdies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful art journal page. Love the chicken wire and the birdhouse. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Marg~! Really love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just totally in love with this page. I love every single detail. Just stunning!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.