Sunday 14 July 2013

You Show Me Yours Challenge #2

Hi everybody and welcome to my blog.
The photo Lucy Muraca chose for this month's YSMY Challenge is of the totally gorgeous Hugh Jackman.  
All I can say is "YUMMO!!". 

Had a bit of a problem with this one.  Apart from the fact that I kept finding myself just drooling over the photo (hehehe) I really didn't know where to start.  How do you make a card with a male photo.  Do I add flowers?  Do I make it Steampunk? For a little while there, I was lost, but once I chose my papers it all seemed to come together almost by itself.
The papers I chose are all from Kaisercraft's Sears & Son Collection.  Love these, they are very much a male oriented line and I think they fitted in very well with the photo.  I distressed and inked all the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The ornate corner chippies are from Make'it'Crafty and I coloured them with the Walnut Stain as well.
For the embellies I thought  'Film strips and cannisters', I mean. he's a Movie Star, right?  It fits,doesn't it?  So, I made the film strips out of plain black cardstock ... 

... and obtained the image of the film canister from the net, printed it twice and fussy cut the second image, and layered it on top to give a little more dimension.
 
 This is just a close-up of the layered papers.
So, this is my contribution to this month's Challenge.  If you are interested in joining us  (and I can tell you, with photo's like this one, it's a lot of fun) please visit Lucy's Blog to get all the details.
Below are listed the ladies who have already joined in.
Lucy Muraca -   Red Chi Chi
Emma Stafrace -  Just a Girl with Ideas
Debi -   Debi's Joy
Val Thorpe - Val-Belle's Ramblings
Annette Gearside -  Moment in Time
Kerry-Jean Watson -  KJWstudio
Heather Jacobs - Art and life
Jennifer Waugh -  My Creative Journey
 
Thank you so much for visiting. Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

12 comments:

  1. Whoot, whoot, drool, drool indeed.... Wow, love what you did with this one Margie, those papers so suit that gorgeous photo and you have put it all together to perfection!! GORGEOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo aaw... wonderful colours, love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, you have created a perfect male card, love the papers and that photo.. well what can I say?? just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layers are so yummy Marg, the colours so suit 'him' ... and isn't he just a dish and a half ... your card is stunning and I am sure if he spied this, he would be so chuffed...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Margie, you nailed this card...so glad you went with the film theme rather than teh cogs and steampunk, its a perfect fit, and totally agree about the drool part...I found myself drifting off into my imagination when I was working on my page...oh to be walking in Deb's shoes hey!!! Lucky lady she is he he. Beautiful card love it...quick question what type of printer do you have??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job of this challenge! This looks spiffing indeed!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful & marvellous Marg! What a card for one of your friends to receive!They will just love it!
    Perfect papers, & glorious layering. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FANTASTIC card... have a REAL masculine feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a magnificent card Margaret, you nailed the photo. I know exactly what you mean about the flowers I probably would have a moment too...xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cool Margaret and I love the card... Great to go with the film stuff... perfect for him. Love the colours and the distressing.... Amazing. Love your blog too. Now following you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is amazing, Margaret! Those papers are just perfect for this photo...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize first that this was a card!! Beautiful, and such a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.