Wednesday 12 June 2013

Tag No. 6

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.
Well, I know I had some cards to make but I enjoyed these tags so much I just couldn't leave them alone so here is No. 6 and probably the last one for now.
I went very green for this one but I do think this is my favourite.
Cut the tag shape from white cardstock and coloured it with Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed and Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  Cut the doily with my Silhouette Portrait, trimmed off a piece and coloured it the same as the tag and then glued it to the back.  I then stamped the piece with some different Kaisercraft background stamps using Memento Tuxedo Black.  
The lovely quote is from the net but I don't know who actually said it.  I printed it onto some cream cardstock and cut the shape using Couture Creations Nesting Ovals.
Here is a close-up of the flower cluster.  The large green one is a Kaisercraft which I recoloured with some watercolour paint and then edged with gold Versa Color.   The other flowers I've had in my stash for ages and have no idea where I got them from.  The metal butterfly and leaves I found at Spotlight in their craft section.  Most of the elements were glued down with Helmar 450 and, after sticking the butterflies down I placed a small drop of glue in the centre and then dropped in the beads.  I like how that looks but perhaps I should have made some antennas for them too.  Have to remember that for next time.
The little twiggy pieces on the side are actually from my garden.  I was trimming some dead bits off one of my plants and decided to keep them and use them in my clusters.  Luckily they are totally dried out so there shouldn't be any problems with it.  (I hope)
  The chipboard button is from my stash and was actually a last minute addition.  The top of the tag seemed a bit bare so I added the button to fill the space. 

So, now I have finished my tags.  I was going to make a cover and turn them into a small album but I've decided to put them in a box instead.  I will keep the box on a shelf in my craft space and then pin whichever tag I'm in the mood for to the front of it.  I've actually made the box but I haven't decorated it yet.  I may do a little tutorial on how I put it together.  See how I go.

 Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


5 comments:

  1. All your cards are beautiful, but I found this one particularly striking. Nice work.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is definitely my fav.. I love the metal embellies and love all the flowers.. well done.. I have enjoyed seeing them!! I am sure you will make more.. they are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow. Margie, I think this one is my favourite too! Stunning! Love the flower cluster with the butterfly and the doily off the edge. Fabulous, fabulous tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work!!! Love this tag so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another great tag, love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.