Monday 4 March 2019

Just playing - Making Cards #1

Hello dear visitors and welcome!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!

It's been really hot in Adelaide over the last week or so and we've spent most of our time at home in the airconditioning.  Consequently, I had a bit of a play in the craft room and created a ton of cards.  Well, maybe not a ton but quite a few just the same.
I really amazed myself.  It usually takes me ages to make my cards because I procrastinate so much over papers and what embellies to use but, these came together quite easily.   I made 8 altogether.  4 Feminine cards and 4 Masculine cards and I am thrilled with that!!
Anyway,  I thought I would share one of those cards with you today.

I actually started off by gathering a heap of different papers and embellies.  Did a bit of die cutting as well and then just used those gathered bits and pieces to create my cards.  This idea came from Val Thorpe who has been posting about a faux scrapbooking kit that she has been using and I thought I would try something similar.  I was amazed at how well it worked!  Limiting the pieces I could use on my cards made it so much easier .. no procrastinating!!  LOL!!   It does mean that the cards I made are all very similar in colour and design but I don't see that as a problem.
Most of the cards I made are 3.5" x 6.5.   I'm really liking my cards tall at the moment.  These papers are from the Floral Romance 12 x 12 paper pad by Kaisercraft.  Loving the colours in this Collection.
The dies I've used are the Chloe Stem by Memory Box and the String of Pearls by Altenew.  I also tucked a piece of my favourite lace between the layers.

I hadn't gathered the flowers along with the other bits but flowers are always the easiest thing for me choose anyway. 
I must have coloured that larger bloom for another project and then not used it but it came in quite handy for this card.  All of the flowers are by Little Birdie.
So, this is the first of many.  I thought about showing them all at once, or even two by two, but decided against that as the post would be way too long.  Besides, posting them one by one means I can pop them up whenever I have nothing else ready to show!!   Sweet!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and, perhaps, leaving me a little comment to read.  Love to know what you think!

Have yourselves a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, thats not good to hear you are having hot weather again, it has been rather pleasant here, with a little breeze and a bit overcast, but alas I think it may have forgotten how to really rain, just a few spots.. but hoping the forecast is right for for some rain this week!! But so glad you were able to get in some wonderful scrapping time.. This card is so pretty,I love the dies you have used and of course I always love flowers.. lovely papers too.. looking forward to seeing the other cards.. have a good week, i hope it cools down a bit for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design!! The papers are so pretty and the flowers are fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margy, thank goodness those blistering days are over and I hope that's the last of them now that Autumn is here. But you spent the time productively, so it's all good. I don't usually make tall cards, but I'm determined to give them a go, having been inspired by your cards in that format. This card is special with the muted tones, the lace and the gorgeous dies. I especially like the soft 'drape' of the torn paper. Beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Marg... I love the soft colours and the die cut is so pretty. It has been sooooooo hot here too and I am also hibernating in the comfort of my aircon scrap room. I really can't take this heat anymore...roll on winter <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to you Marg,
    I always love your work; and this card is no exception! It is breathtaking; with the soft colors (love Kcraft ppr) and beautiful layers. I like your distressed edges and the bits of textile layered in. The 'string of pearls' piece adds elegance~ TFS! Hugs and hopes it cooled a little~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tall cards always look elegant to me, this card is so beautiful Margaret. I love the neutral colour tones, the Chloe stem is gorgeous and the pink flower matches the design paper so wonderfully well. This really is a beautiful card. Could you teach me how not to procrastinate please? Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning card Margy, such a pretty design!! Between you and me I’m so glad that hot weather is over, bring me winter any day! Have a lovely long weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Marg, and well done you for making 8 of them, you must have been on a roll!! I look forward to seeing some more.
    I have been meaning to ask you about your ink and dip pen that make such gorgeous props around your lovely card. Did you order them all the way from Italy or are they available in Oz??? (I am coming over in about 4 weeks time and hope some of the summer warmth will still be around then, nothing but grey and rain here, I could really do with a bit of sunshine)...
    Happy Sunday and have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another one of your gorgeous cards Margaret. You allways make everything come together so well in a lovely vintage look. I like the dies you used and the flowers are beautiful. Great card! It is suposed to be nearly Spring here in The Netherlands but its more like Autumn, raining and blowing a storm every day. Longing for a bit of sunshine. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous and glad it came together easily. Sometimes I can procrastinate too...now the feeling!!! 🙃

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.