Monday 25 March 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #230

Hello my dear visitors and welcome.
So pleased you decided to stop by my blog today.

The new Challenge is live at Crafty Cardmakers!  Marlene is our Host and the Theme is 'That Special Someone'.

As always, you may enter whatever you like.  A card, scrapbook layout, journal page, home decor, whatever takes your fancy as long as it fits the Theme.

For my DT contribution I have created a card for a very special lady who is celebrating a very special birthday.  She is one of my closest friend's Mum and she is turning 90 this year.  She is truly an amazing woman.  90 years old and still going strong.
  The papers are by Kaisercraft from their 'Wandering Ivy' 6.5" x6.5" paper pad.
 The piece of chipboard is by Little Birdie and the diecut is the Floral Sprig by Memory Box.
 The fabric flower was purchased from Megs Garden and the small paper flowers are by Magnolia Ink.
I've also added some pieces of my fave lace and some prills and micro beads in and around the cluster.
A Little seam binding bow finishes this card off nicely, I think.
To find all the details of this Challenge and to take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies just follow the link below.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #230 - That Special Someone.

Thank you for stopping by and, to those who take the time to leave me a lovely comment, thank you so much.  I love to read them.

Enjoy your day and have fun with your crafting!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

10 comments:

  1. So elegant and gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design and the details you added!! The flower is so pretty!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Very elegant with pretty details and I love the fabric flower. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a pretty card for a special lady, I am sure she will love this.. the flowers are so pretty,and I love the blue back ground.. that is a lovely die you have used as well... enjoy the rain, I hope you get some more... I am hoping that we get something from ex cyclone Trevor... anything will be welcome.. have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, great card. The whole thing just works so well together. Happy creating, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Margaret, another stunning card! I love those gorgeous papers and your design really is very special, the flower is so pretty too. Such a beautiful card which is just perfect for a special lady of 90. As always, I am in awe of your card-making skills! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, so elegantly put together! Love your creativity.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super super gorgeous card Margaret. Love this color palet.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a Joy to drop in to your blog and feast my eyes on your latest project. This one has for me, a feel of something Parisian, with the French Navy and the elegant prints. Your lace stash must fill many drawers in your house, as you always have a glimpse of something luxurious to peak out from a cluster. Swooning over the prills! I think I'm just a bit addicted to them and the seam binding adds a light accent. C'est Magnifique! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blues and the elegance of this card! Gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card with all those wonderful layers! the papers, the flowers, the lace and prills work so beautifully together! Sigh! You do amazing things with your craft supplies!Happy Birthday to your Mom! I'm sure she was delighted with her card!

    Margaret, please accept my apologies for not visiting in SUCH a long time! I wonder where the time goes! It seems I've not had time to visit anyone of my favorite blogs with any sort of regularity, much less get creative just for fun. But right now, I feel like I've been set free--two just for fun projects in one week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.