Monday 18 March 2019

Just Playing - Making Cards #2

Hello dear friends.
So happy you decided to drop by.

Back to share another of the cards I made while hiding at home from the heat we have been experiencing lately.  Have to say, the last couple of weeks the weather has been much more bearable.  Still warm but we haven't needed the aircon.  I believe that is about to change though.  Apparently we're in for another week of temps in the 30's (centigrade)  Not sure exactly how hot but, I guess, we're about to find out.

Ok.  So, here is the second of the feminine cards I created in this 'Just Playing' series.
The papers are from the same Collection as the card I shared in the first of these posts 'Making Cards #1' here.  It's the Floral Romance 12 x 12 paper pad from Kaisercraft.
Added a Chloe Stem (a Memory Box die) as well as a few leaves (a Cheery Lynne die)
and tucked more of my fave lace under the cluster.
More diecuts trailing down to the bottom (these are from Altenew).
The flower is by Little Birdie.  I edged it with Ground Espresso Distress Ink and sprinkled it randomly with some glitter.  Can't really see that too well but it does have a lovely shimmer in real life.
And that was another card done and dusted!!
Gathering all the bits and pieces before hand and then only limiting myself to those bits and pieces certainly worked a treat!!

Thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave me to read.   Love getting your feedback.

Have a wonderful day dear friends and have fun with your crafting!
Take care and God Bless.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is outstanding! What a lovely and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO no I hope it doesnt get too hot again for you Marg.. we have had some beautiful rain here the last few days and it feels so much better, but still very humid.. I love this card, it is so pretty. I love the die cuts tumbling down, and love the huge flower too.. a card suitable for any occasion I reckon!! I hope the week ahead is pleasant for you and not too hot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning!! I love the beautiful flower and the details you added!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'just playing' session has resulted in an exquisite card Margaret! I love those trailing die cuts and the beautiful papers, and of course, your wonderful design! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Marg,
    Your card is beautiful! Such a gorgeous floral focal point! with pretty additions of texture in the lacey "leaves" : ) Great die cuts. TFS! Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckily we seem to have avoided the 36C+ days they were forecasting last week - thank goodness. Love your elegant card Margy. The lacy pattern on the paper combines so beautifully with the heavy lace and the bloom is simply gorgeous. I love all the dies you've used. Oh dear - a few more to add to my wish list. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, be still, my heart! Margaret, this is such a pretty card! I love the paper layers, the die cuts and laces all tucked under that breathtaking flower! You make the prettiest cards! I hope you are staying cool. We are enjoying a series of beautiful spring days here, but the pollen is so thick, it almost makes the sky look yellow. Thankfully, this type of pollen does not bother me. When the pines kick in, I will be staying in. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and those trailing diecuts are fabulous! Makes for a soft and detailed look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.