Monday 25 February 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #228

Hello dear friends and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you stopped by today.
A very warm welcome to my new followers too.  So happy you decided to join me on my creative journey.

It's time again for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Kim is our lovely Host and the Theme for this Challenge is one of my faves!  It is all about 'Flowers'.

As always, anything you wish to create is fine.  It doesn't have to be a card, but it must follow the theme.
The papers I've used for this card are from Kaisercraft's Pen and Ink 6.5" x 6.5" pad.
 Created a little banner to run down the side and also tore the edges of some of the paper layers.

Tucked in a few bits of lace and added some prills and micro beads.

A bit of gauze and some die cut leaves were arranged behind the Little Birdie flowers and I added a twine bow ..
.. as well as a little dry brushing with gesso.
I hope this has given you a bit of inspiration to join in with the Challenge.  To find lots more inspo and ideas, pop on over to the Crafty blog and take a look at the wonderful creations by my Teamies.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 228 - FLOWERS.

Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Thank you so much for your visit and enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, that's stunning.....you make the prettiest cards, so full of detail.....love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marg, This is divine! It has everything I like~~ Neutrals, flowers, distressed layers - -and even a bow! I'm in love~ : ) Your work is beautiful; gorgeous really. I really enjoy my visits here! Thanks for sharing this with us today~ Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so wonderful! My favorite things ever - neutrals and a pop of greenery! Lovely work dear Margy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous Marg, I love it, so pretty.
    Have a great evening. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card Margaret, I love the beautiful flowers and the little prills here and there are such a lovely touch. Gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so beautiful and I love all of the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Margy, loving all those gorgeous layers. Wishing you a happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stunning, Margaret!! The layers are amazing!! I love the beautiful flowers!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get inspired when I see your blog posts.. I have decided that I want to try my hand at cards and also art journalling .... a little break in between scrapping. This is such a beautiful card and your layers always blow my mind... I think I will just stick to simple for now ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg! yes my grand baby is now one year old! We popped down and spent some time with her and her mumma today.. time sure does fly.. she is such a little character now!! Your card is beautiful.. love the colors, love how the flowers are nestled on the soft green leaves and the lace tucked in here and there adds such texture.. love your cards.. I hope you have a good week and it doesnt get too hot.. today was pleasant, the heat can just move on now.. it is nearly autumn after all..hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunning card Margy, gorgeous details and design 💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Margaret. A beautiful romantic look with the lace and prills. I love your vintage shabby chic style of card making! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always a treat to visit and see what lovely things you've created. This card is super sophisticated and elegant. So many layers with something of interest on each one; you truly are a marvelous card maker. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! Such an elegant card. The lace, layers, tears and cluster of flowers make a work of art!
    Happy Weekend,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning card Marg, I love everything about it!! The long format is a favourite one for me, that paper collection is wonderful (in fact I have just ordered it after seeing this, I felt so inspired) and I adore how you have tucked in the bits of lace and of course all the other embellishments. LOVE this card big time!!!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the flowers and all the detail you've added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.