Tuesday 12 May 2020

Envelope Mini Album #2

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog.
I hope you are all staying safe and well and are keeping yourselves busy while the world is in lock down.  Luckily for us in South Aus, our restrictions are starting to ease.  Hopefully people will continue to do the right thing and we will keep moving forward.

I wish to share a little envelope album I've created.  The design for this comes from  Dawn Meadows of The Book Vandal Shop (Here is the link to the video)  and is the same design as my previous envelope album (Here).  I have added a couple of small design changes but it is, basically, the same.

I must warn you that this is a huge post so, grab yourself a cuppa before you start and, hopefully, you will stick with me to the end.

The papers used are by Kaisercraft, from their 6.5" Antiquities paper pad and the finished size of the album is  6.75" x 4.5" x 0.75".
I didn't do much embellishing on the front.  Just a little flower cluster and a fancy book plate.  The closure is a simple wrap around with twine and I've just added a couple of beads to the ends.
 As in the previous album, this one opens both to the right and to the left.   This view from the top will show you what I mean.  As you can see, it's only a small album but you can fit quite a bit into it.
 So, when you open the book from the left (I'll show the other opening later in this post) it reveals a flip page and pocket on the left side and the front of the junk journal on the right side.
 There is photo collage decorating the front of the flip page and a large tag inside the pocket.
 On the back of the tag I just added a few pieces of torn book page leaving plenty of space for photos or for journaling.
 The flip page is one of the design changes I made to the original.  As you can see I've added another photo collage and then on the right is a small poem I found on the net about books.  I love to read and so this really hits the right spot for me.  I love this little poem.  You'll notice that the photos I have added to this album are all about books so, I guess, this will be my Book Book.  LOL!!
 On the right side of the page is the small Junk Journal and this is the other design change.   In the previous album, the Journal was actually sewn into the album but, I wanted to be able to remove this one so the back cover simply slips into the pocket.
 Added to the pocket is another bookish photo collage.
 I won't show you the whole Junk Journal as this post will be way too long already, but I will just show a few of the pages.
 I've added stenciling and torn bits of book pages and washi tape ..
 .. a little touch of lace, an envelope and some printed pages.
 Altered some paper clips to add the flowers ..
 .. and added a few word strips as well.
 Here you can see how it just slips in, and out, of the pocket ..
.. and this is how I finished off the twine after sewing the signatures together.
So this is the page that opens the other way.  There is another flip page and pocket on the left and a diagonal belly band on the right.
Another full size tag inside the pocket ..
.. with the back left practically bare apart from the torn bits of book page.
Can you see my faux pas?   I placed the tab on the wrong side!!  Duh!!  So,  instead of making a whole new tag, I simply added another tab to the correct side.
Open the flip page to reveal another photo collage and another book poem.  This poem is brilliant.  When I read, I totally lose myself in the story and this poem says it all!!  Love it!!
Under the belly band there is a little envelope which holds a bookmark, (are you surprised??  LOL!!) and a couple of tags as well.
I have shown the envelope before in another post so, if you are interested, you will find it HERE.
The back of the album was left plain.
I thoroughly enjoyed creating this booklet and I really love how it turned out.  I hope you have enjoyed seeing it.  I do have two more books on the go at the moment.  They are quite different from this album and I hope to be sharing them in the next few weeks. 


Am entering this into the Mini Album Makers Challenge for May.


Thank you so much for your visit and any comment you may care to leave.  I would love to know what you think.

Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely inspiring, interesting and ever so lovely just loving this Margy, I would love to make this and next time I am in SA I may just let you know and catch up.... depends where you are....in SA... xx hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Marg I am in awe! I love this! You are so clever in making these little books/folders.. love the papers you have used and each page is wonderful.. and the quotes about books are great too.. and I hope things go well for you in SA, there are some more lifting of restrictions up this way on the weekend.. I do hope there wont be a second wave.. I am concerned that people wont be careful enough.. but I guess I just need to do what I can do!!Enjoy the rest of your week Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Margaret, how I loved reading through every single little detail of this post, it was a real pleasure! This must have been a real labour of love but it was definitely worth every moment you spent creating it. The way it opens in both directions is wonderful andI just love the quotes too, especially the one by Emilie Poulsson, it is so beautiful. Love this!

    Although we have had huge numbers of deaths from Covid 19, we too are just beginning to be released from the lock down - but I think it will be long while yet before I venture out! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took your advice and made a cuppa, so I could take my time, sip and savour every tiny detail on every page. One of my other addictions is to read; any time of the day or night and your quotes truly spoke to me because of that. I love the photo collages you sourced; they are perfect for the overall theme. Your work is so neat and exact, something I aspire to, but don't always achieve. Congratulations Marg - this is truly a little work of Art. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, WOW, Margaret! I came to visit to check on you and to say hello, and instead I have had my mind blown! What a wonderful book full of lovely details! This was truly a delightful way to spend some time, and I am on the edge of my seat poring over your pages, tags, tucks and booklets! This is truly a labor of love and words cannot express just how impressed I am by it. I especially love the poem by Julia Donaldson; thank you for sharing! Hope you are doing well! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous album Margaret. Lovey papers and colours and you have added so many lovely details. It's a true artpiece and fantastic work. Very slowly some of the restrictions here in The Netherlands are being released. Since Monday the hairdressers are allowed open again Hooray :). Stay safe. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely glorious! I'm so pleased you shared the pages in such detail... I love all the interactive pockets and folds and tags and inserts. The papers are delightful, and the black matting and framing gives the whole book such an elegant, polished finished look. Beautifully done! Looking forward to seeing the next couple...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear Marg this is a gorgeous creation! Your designs are amazing; and as Alison stated, it has an elegant look!
    So much detail and so beautifully coordinated~ (sorry I'm not in blogland much, but I always love to stop in and see your gorgeous work!) Hugs to you, karen o (PS loved the poems!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your work; so beautiful and creative. Would you have any suggestions as to any sites that sell handmade junk journals? I have googled but not found any that I liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bonnie. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I really appreciate it. About the Junk Journals, have you tried The Book Vandal Shop or My Porch Prints. They have some lovely books for sale at times. Hope this helps. x

      Delete
  10. Margaret es un trabajo tan hermoso!! me encataron todos los detalles. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this mini! One of my favorite things to do is to create mini albums from scratch... I’m getting ready to retire from work- I am hopeful that I will make time to design some new minis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.