Monday 4 May 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #256 - Celebrations

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  A special welcome to my new followers.  Thank you for joining me on this creative journey.

The new Challenge has started at Crafty Cardmakers.  Kim is our lovely host and the Theme is Celebrations.  As always, you may create whatever you wish but you must follow the Theme.

My project is a card I created for a Grand Nephew who celebrated his 18th Birthday earlier this year.   He and his family live in Victoria (approx. 8ookm from us) and, unfortunately, we were not able to attend the celebrations, but we were certainly there in spirit.

The papers used for this card are, mostly, by Kaisercraft.  I think there might be a couple of bits by Prima as well.  Most of the pieces came from my scrap box.  It was great to finally find a use for 
them.
Added a couple of die cuts (Texture Subway and Texture Netting .. both by Kaisercraft) and a chipboard piece by Scrapmatts.
The Texture Netting die cut was attached with a couple of staples and I added plenty of prills into the mix as well.  There's also a bit of heat embossing added to the Texture Subway die.

The numbers are from a set made specifically for clocks but they were the perfect size for this card.


Would love it if you could pop over to the CCM Blog and take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  I'm sure you will be inspired to join in with our Challenge.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #256 - Celebrations

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Have a wonderful day.
Take care and God Bless.

8 comments:

  1. You always know just how to layer things to make them look stunning, not like a pile of scraps, which is what happens when I try lol.
    Hope you are safe and well. Thanks for more inspiration. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layering Margy, love it. Take care and craft on. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layering and textures here Margaret, you sure know how to make these look wonderful without the 'full on' effect, love your work and your results.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layering is always perfection and the colour tones you used on this card are so striking. I do love the stapling, I am sure they were much appreciated by your Grand Nephew, it gives a nice industrial feel to the card. That Subway die is slowly creeping to the top of my ever lengthening wish list! Hope you are staying safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special card for an 18th Birthday. Love all the intricacies created with the layering. The shimmering on the die cuts adds a special touch and you know I'm always keen to see Prills on everything. Well done. Hope you are keeping well. I don't mind staying home; I'm catching up with lots of over due jobs, as well as playing in my craft room. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! How has your week been so far? Good I hope! a bit of cooler weather up here for us but the days have been glorious! I love your card, 18 is such a special age and you have created an amazing card full of texture and layers and male embellishments.. I hope he had a great birthday, and perhaps soon we will have less restrictions and family gatherings will be ok again.. Have a lovely Mothers day Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make the best cards, and this masculine make is perfect for a young man! I'm sure your grand nephew was tickled pink to get it to help celebrate his big day! Ever since I've seen this subway die on your blog, I have been on the hunt for it in my not so profuse internet travels (not much of a shopper). Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant masculine card - so full of fascinating shapes and layers. I love how all those different die-cut layers interact with their interweaving lines and curves. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.