Monday 24 February 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #251 - Embossing

Hello dear friends and welcome to my blog.  So happy that you've stopped by.

Well, another fortnight has gone by and it is time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.   Josephine is hosting this one and the Theme is Embossing!
As always, you don't have to make a card.  You can create anything you like as long as it follows the Theme.

For my project, I have created a small envelope which will go into a Mini Album I am creating at the moment.
This is not my design.  I was looking for embossing ideas when I came across this style envelope and felt it would be ideal for my new Mini.  A lady named Sherry has a blog post showing how she put it all together and I will share the link at the end of this post.
I used Core'dination cardstock to create this envelope and, after embossing, I used an emery board to bring out the pattern and expose the core.
A button and string closure keeps the envelope shut and ..
 .. when opened, it reveals ..
.. a simple little bookmark.
So simple and easy to make.  Sherry used hers to hold emery boards but, obviously, it could be used for whatever you like.  As promised, HERE is the link to the tutorial.

Would love it if you would pop across and take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  Lots of fab inspiration to be had!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #251 - Embossing

Thank you so much for visiting and for any comment you may care to leave.  Very much appreciated.
Enjoy the rest of your day!

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


11 comments:

  1. Great project Marg, I love the way the colour shows through the black card. Gorgeous bookmark too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg! How are you.. I hope things are well with you.. we have had some beautiful rain up here and the grass has gone nuts!! so green now.. and I love it.. well I love what you have created here, what a great idea for a gift, can never have too many book marks.. I know I am always looking for one!! and love how you did the embossing, filing away the pattern.. very clever, and very creative idea from sherry too.. well enjoy the rest of this week.. those fortnights come around mighty quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project, and so perfect for an album! loved the filing idea, must try it. Have a great day!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful bookmark holder, I love the effect of the embossed Core'dinations card, it is just perfect. I am off to check out the link, thank you for sharing it. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful project. Lovely envelope. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marg, well I have fallen in love with your beautiful envelope. The idea itself could be used for so many things. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant, immensely pretty make. As young kids, my siblings and I started our own business selling cute handmade bookmarks door-to-door (we did quite well for the time and our ages - with our best sales day being the time we hit upon a family reunion being held on the street right behind ours). It's been about 25 years now since those carefree days, but anytime I make or see a homemade bookmark, I cannot help but think of the fun we had as imaginative, entrepreneurial-minded youngsters.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Marg~ Your envelope is gorgeous! It is amazing what embossing adds! & the fact that this is useful as well as beautiful! : ) Love your work~ (some life changing things going on right now for me so I've not been able to visit around as I'd like) Wishing you a wonderful weekend and week ahead! Hugs & blessings, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty little envelope - the embossing makes it look special. A lovely way to gift a small bookmark, or anything else for that matter. I can see it adapted to hold some folded money or a cinema ticket. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shabby chic look of the sanded texture - it's a great little gift envelope for the sweet bookmark.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.