Monday 3 February 2020

Gauges & Prills - A Guy Card

Hello everyone!!  Thank you for stopping by my blog and
hope you are having a wonderful day.

  Just a quick little post to share a card I created for my oldest son's Birthday last year. 
 
 

The base card is made with black cardstock, and the paper was a piece left on my desk from another project.

The fabulous gauges were a free printable from the net.  I simply mounted them on a piece of chipboard which had been cut to size and then clear embossed them.






A touch of white embossing was added to the background, and then I added the Textured Subway diecut (made with black cardstock) and the circles chippie (by Scrapmatts).  Building up a bit of grunge and texture.









For more texture and interest, I added a sprinkling of black and white prills.  (I do love my prills  for adding that lovely touch of grit and grunge)

The Happy Birthday tag was taken from a paper pad by Kaisercraft.



Done and dusted!!

Thank you so much for your visit and the lovely comments you leave me.  I really appreciate it immensely!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Take care and God Bless.



8 comments:

  1. You made a beautiful card for your Son's birthday. Lovely dimensions and vintage details. You allways make fantastic masculine cards. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a brilliant card Margaret, I really love the gauges and the subway die cut looks amazing in the background, tying all the elements together. Your Son must have loved this! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marg, this is a wonderful male card, loads of texture and great embellishments.. I am sure he loved it.. I hope you have a great week ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Margy, bet your son was pleased with this. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gauges you used. What an excellent find on the net. As usual, your masculine cards are full of interest with the layering and texture. Like you, I'm a big fan of prills - they so to go with everything. Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the entire card, BUT, the gauges are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely blown away by this card, Margy - the gauges are a spectacular centrepiece, especially with that glossy coating to give them some real substance and dimensionality. Brilliant composition as always, and I see that Subway die is still doing sterling work as a fabulous framework to structure the layout around. Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is one fabulous masculine card, Margy! Your cards are always tops whether frilly or gritty and grungy! I love the extremely realistic gauges and your exceptional layering with the sprinkling of prills -- you knocked another one out of the park! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.