Monday 13 January 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #248 - Anything Goes

Well, hello everyone and a very happy new year to you all.

This is the first Challenge of the year for Crafty Cardmakers and so it was decided to start our year off with an easy 'Anything Goes' Challenge.
Our fearless leader, Lin, is hosting this one and there is also a one off prize on offer which was donated by the lovely Kim.

As this Challenge is Anything Goes, I thought it the perfect opportunity to share some of the Amigurumi dolls I crocheted recently.

 The patterns for all of these dolls were freebies from the net. 
 This is the Kelly Doll and, if you are interested, you will find her pattern HERE.  She is made with 4ply yarn and I used a 1.75mm crochet hook.
As you can see, her beret is removable ..
.. as are her bag and jacket.  Her top, pants and boots are part of the doll and cannot be removed.
For her hair, I have used a super bulky yarn called Hometown USA by Lion Brand.  I actually split the yarn in two before hooking it to the head.

I made this doll a couple of months ago and cannot remember which pattern I used.  A touch of old age I think .. LOL!!   I do know that I used 8ply yarn for this one with a 2.00mm crochet hook. 
The dress is tied at the back with a couple of bows and is removable.
I love the hair on this doll.  It is also made with a super bulky yarn but I had this in my stash for quite a while and have no idea what brand or type it is.  Once it was hooked on and cut, I simply fluffed it out a bit.

This doll was also made with the Kelly Doll pattern.  She is slightly taller as I added a few extra rows to her legs and I also gave her a different jacket.  It is so easy to adapt these patterns.  If you want a different look to your doll, simply add a few rows to make them taller or, you could also add a few extra stitches to change the shape.  Just make sure you adjust the rest of the pattern accordingly.
Her jacket is also removable and her hair is made from the same yarn as the first Kelly Doll.  Different colour obviously!  LOL!
I actually added a little nose to this doll and I think I might continue to do that for any future dolls.  I kinda like it!!  Might even decide to try adding a mouth .. won't hold my breath for that though.  Can be a bit tricksy!
I love these boots!  Sooo cute!!

Please pop on over to the CCM blog and take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  I'm sure you will be inspired to join in!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #248 - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I am going to make an effort to post a bit more often as I have been very slack lately.  Life gets in the way at times doesn't it?

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.



6 comments:

  1. Hello Margy - Happy New Year. Lovely to see your trio of crocheted dolls, they are all inspiring. So cool to see the close ups of the legs and shoes of the hippy girl. Your stitches are absolutely perfect. I've been MIA on my blog too. Mr. Mojo must still be AWOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Marg! (even though January is nearly half over already.....!!!) I love these dolls.. you are so clever.. and love the boots.. love the hair too.. They are all so sweet and would make any little girl...and big girl!! very happy! Yes life continues to be busy for me.. I have my DD's staying for a while and that sure does make life busy...but in a good way... enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous makes Marg, I love your dolls.....and those boots are the best! Somebody is going to be so happy to have these! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to you Marge (I've been MIA for a bit . .) I don't even know how to tell you how wonderful these dolls are!! SO Beautifully done friend! I'm so enthralled~ Every detail is fabulous! <3 Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work with such attention to detail - I love how each of them is so different, and the removable beret is a wonderful touch.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Margaret these are just adorable. I have been doing a bit of cross stich just lately which I have really enjoyed so I might try my hand at crochet again, I haven't done it for years.
    Hope you are well. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.