Monday 30 December 2019

More on Christmas - 2019

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Spent mine with family and, although some loved ones were missing (live too far away), it was still fabulous!!
Thought I would squeeze in a final post for the year to show more of the Christmas cards I created.  These cards use the same techniques and embellishments as shown in my previous post, HERE, but they are different in size and shape.

These two cards are exactly the same as the ones shown previously except that they are square, not oblong.
 Same process as before.  Simply using distress inks to colour the strips of paper and then adding similar embellies.  The die cut branches (embossed on the edges with gold), the twine, the berries (cut from cheap Christmas decorations) and the handmade greeting.


These two cards were also created in exactly the same way.  This time though, instead of the strips, I used a couple of  layered squares which had been inked around the edges. 


 I didn't have a lot of spare time for creating Christmas cards this year (and I left it a bit late, as always) but these cards were really quick and simple to make.  I do have a few more to share (ones made earlier in the year and different in style, but still clean and simple) but I will leave those till next year.
Sorry I have been so slack in posting and in my visits lately but, you know how it goes .. sometimes life just gets in the way.  Hopefully I will do better in the new year.

Thank you everyone for visiting my blog during 2019 and also for leaving me such lovely comments.  I really do appreciate your support.


Take care, travel safe if you are on holiday, and God Bless you all.
Love and hugs oxox Marg




11 comments:

  1. Margaret, just like your previous post, these cards are gorgeous and I still wish I had seen them before I started my cards! I am going to try and remember these for next year. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year and thank you too for your support this year, it means a lot. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very 'great in every way' New Year and to thank you as well for supporting my work. I think your Christmas cards are truly delightful and inspirational! You always do a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb creating Marg. Simplicity at it's very best. Life get's in the way for all of us at times and we need to attend to what is most important. All the very best for a Happy, Healthy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Christmas card. Lovely design. The best to you in 2020. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg... I know I haven't been coming to any blogs but have been battling health issues and life. I absolutely love these cards. Just my style simple and elegant. They are beautiful. I wish you all the very best for 2020 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous variations on your already brilliant card design. I think I said before how much I love the contrast between the bold geometric shapes and the natural elements. And the shading on those panels adds a perfect extra touch of delight.
    I'm still in Christmas hibernation (don't come out fully until after 12th Night on 6th January!), but am trying to do a bit of catching up with people even so. Happy New Year!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are just fabulous Margaret I would like to use your idea for a class some time if you wouldn't be offended. I'm not very good with quick and clean and simple so I need all the help I can get and I know the Girls I teach would love it.
    Have a wonderful New Year. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the go ahead to use your ideas for a class Margaret. I shall bookmark it for a little later in the year. Thanks again. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marg.. Happy New Year!! I hope your year is off to a great start! Already a week has gone by!! Just a quiet new year for me! Love these cards, the design looks wonderful and I love the fir leaf die you have used, very festive.. anyway.. I hope 2020 is a good year for you and yours Marg..

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very Happy New Year to you Margy......and I have to say wow what stunning Christmas cards, just love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just stunning and love the textures and designs...!! Beautiful work!
    Happy New Year to you too and wishing that 2020 is a fabulous and creative year! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me some love! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.