Monday 20 January 2020

Art Journal Page - Find Your Fire

Hello sweet peeps and welcome to my blog.  So nice to have you stop by.

I've been rather slack with my blogging lately and thought it was about time to get a bit more active here.  I have still been crafting on a reasonably regular basis and do have a few things to share so I'm starting with this Art Journal page.  Made this quite a  long time ago so, hopefully, I will remember what products I used.


The base of this page is dp by Tim Holtz and I know I added the colour with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals.  These gorgeous little pots of powdered colour are a fave of mine.  So easy to use and absolutely gorgeous!







Lots of stamping with the Harlequin stamp by Kaisercraft and a crackle stamp by Prima ..






 .. and a piece of jute ribbon for some tactile texture along with a mixture of prills and microbeads.

Added a scattering of ephemera for extra interest ..






.. and topped it with a fabulous cogs and gears chippie which has been heat embossed with black, bronze and teal embossing powder.
The title was computer generated and mounted on a piece of heavy card.
To finish off, I did a bit of doodling around the edges and used a watercolour pencil to add some extra lines of interest around the page.

I so enjoy getting messy creating these kinds of pages and I have a few more of them to share at a later date.

Thank you so much for your visit and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.



5 comments:

  1. A beautiful page Margaret. Love all the warm colours and all the lovely elements you added. Great work as allways. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, your page is stunning! The colours in the background are gorgeous and I love how you added the ephemera and the wonderful doodling around the edges, it really draws the eye in - so much to see and admire! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page - beautiful collage composition with the layered ephemera, fabulous textured fibre netting, and embellishments, and the rich colours have a warmth and freshness which is really fabulous. I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! I hope to also get into more blogging this year...but we shall see.. I have just enjoyed 5 nights away at the coast, oh boy, it was soo good.. really needed it.. so I have a bit to catch up on!! I love this card, love the textures, the colors and all the netting.. how cool and great feature too.. fabulous layers too.. I hope you are having a good week.. we have also been getting some beautiful rain.. very thank -ful for that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning Art Journal page Margy; beautifully composed with such an eclectic mix of materials. They all play nicely with each other and contribute to the beauty of the piece. Love the pops of teal and orange and hints of stamping around the edges. Inspirational work. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.