Friday 16 August 2019

Wildflowers and Embossing

Hello dear friends and welcome.  Thank you for stopping by today.

I haven't spent much time in my craftroom lately but I thought I would share a card I made quite a while ago which I haven't shown before.

A few months ago, I purchased a couple of new dies and, after a little experimentation, came up with a simple design using these dies.  I have shown lots of cards made with the Texture Subway die by Kaisercraft (still have more of those to come) but today I thought I would share a card made with the other die I purchased.  This is the Wildflowers #2 die by Tim Holtz.  I have actually only made this one card with that particular die because I was concentrating so much on the other, but, I'm sure I will be using this one again and again.

A few close-ups first.
I've been trying to use up some of my older Kaisercraft papers and have no idea which collection these papers are from. The sentiment was taken from one of their newer collections.
Used a couple of Kaisercraft stamps to emboss the background.
Originally, I cut all of the flower stems from the darker cardstock but didn't like how it looked.  I then tried it again using just the light green but didn't like that either and finally settled for a mix of the two.
Wasn't overly happy with the combination but then decided to add a little colour to the center stem and that made all the difference.
 Voila!!  

 Hope you like my little wildflower card.

Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you for the lovely comments too.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy your crafting!
Take care and God Bless. 

5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! The embossed background is such a perfect backdrop for the pretty wildflowers!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, I havent been in my scrap room much lately either.. I hope we both can get more creative time!! This card is lovely, I love the dimension you have achieved by using different colors of the die cut and the hint of stencilling on the back ground.. I hope the weather has been a bit better.. today was actually quite warm here, but oh so dry.. have a good weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the wildflower dies and you have used them beautifully Margaret, I think the mix of colours works so well with the background papers. The embossing in the background really makes the wildflowers pop too. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant - the silhouetted wildflower is wonderful against those gilded harlequins.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I DO love this! What a stunning card, so perfect for misdummer! Love the contrast of the dark stems with the lightly embossed background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.