Monday 19 August 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #239

Hello dear friends and welcome to my blog.  
So pleased you decided to drop by.

So, the Crafty Cardmakers Team is back from holiday and the new Challenge has begun!  Lin is our delightful Host and the Theme is 'It's a Bug's Life'!!  
So, we would love to see some bugs/insects on your creations.

I created an all occasion card for my DT project and here are some close-ups.
The base paper is from a small paper pack by 49 & Market.  To add a touch of colour, I swiped the paper through a little pool of Distress Ink which was left on my mat from a previous project.
I stamped the background with embossing ink and then sprinkled on Sea Foam White embossing powder.  Adds a nice little touch of texture.
Added a small strip from the edge of a sheet of Maja papers and topped that with a diecut and a piece of floral lace.
Topped it all off with a Little Birdie flower and then a sweet little butterfly flew over and settled on my project so, of course, I invited it to stay .. and it did!!  LOL!!
I hope you can find the time to join in!  Would love to see what you create.
For all the details of the Challenge and for some wonderful inspiration by the rest of the Team here is the link

Thank you so much for stopping by and for any comment you may care to leave .. very much appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
Marg xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Margy, loving your gorgeous stylish card. The butterfly is a great finish to the design and I'm loving your choice of colours too. Have a great week my crafty friend. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marg, just stunning.
    Sorry I haven't stopped by lately I don't know what has happened lately.
    Have a great evening. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card in lovely colours. Beautiful embelished and I like the effect of the embossing powder.
    Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully Beautifully done Marg!! Oooh I love this one~ Great soft colors and layers~ (love 49 & the Maja : ) So much great texture and interest; and the happy leftover distress ink left on your mat! Love your work~ Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors of the background and the gorgeous details you added!! It's so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the summery colours here, especially with that faded sunbleached look they have amidst the whites and beiges - a really gorgeous card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love 49 & Market papers and this one is so delicate and feminine looking on the base of your card and you have embellished it beautifully, as always! Love the gorgeous butterfly too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Margaret! The added ink and the hint of embossing to the paper makes for a stunning background to your flower cluster, and it's no surprise a delicate butterfly was attracted to it and decided to stay! Gorgeous make! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marg! I hope this week is going well for you!! I love your card, the back ground colors are lovely and so glad you used a butterfly and not a cockroach!! hehe... love the lace too.. enjoy the rest of this week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty and elegant card Marg. Love the layering and the soft apricot colour to ground it all. A butterfly is always a good addition to any project in my humble opinion. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the way you've picked up a bit of leftover ink on your paper - perfect! Love this to bits :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.