Wednesday 24 July 2019

Cogs & Gears for the Boys

Hello dear crafty friends!  So pleased you stopped by.
Hope your day is going well.  

Thought it was time to share a couple more of my masculine cards with you today.  Nothing new I'm afraid .. simply more of my embossed and diecut cards.  The designs are pretty much the same, just different papers and different stamps used.

The papers are by Kaisercraft as are the wooden cogs.
Actually, pretty much everything I have used on this card is by Kaisercraft.  The dp is from their Anthology Paper pad, and I've used their 'Arty' stamp and their 'Texture Subway' die in the background.  The only thing not K'craft is the embossing powder which is 'Seafoam White' by Ranger.
The greeting is also from the paper pad.  I mounted it onto a piece of card for extra strength.
Obviously didn't clean the edges of the stamp before putting it to the paper, but I don't mind a bit of extra texture.

Added an extra strip of paper (I believe it's from Prima) behind the die and cogs on this card and, as you can see, I also coloured the cogs this time.
One of these cogs is actually a die cut.  Can you tell which one??


There you go!  Two different looks from two cards made almost exactly the same.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look.
Have yourselves a wonderful and crafty day!
Take care and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, How are you? I am well.. just rather busy as I have my Daughter and grand daughter and her dog staying here for a while so that makes things so busy.. My grandie is so active and so clever, she is nearly 18 months but reminds me of a two year old!!! Thanks for coming by my blog, I do appreciate my regular visitors.. and our weather has been cool nights and warmish days, but oh so dry... very desperate for some rain..I really pray we dont get any fires as everything is so dry it would just catch and get away.. however... I do enjoy your cards, you have a winning design so dont worry about using it often.. I love the hint of stamping and the die and cogs are fabulous for a masculine card.. they look great.. Kaisercraft have great papers I just wish we ha a shop closeby..hummm or maybe I am saving a lot of money by not having them..hehe.. well I cant believe how fast this month is flying by.. may as well put up the Christmas tree soon and be ready..hehehe!! and havent started on the cards.. sigh... enjoy the rest of the week.. and enjoy the rain too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both so gorgeous!! I love the masculine designs!! Beautiful cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those coggy chipboard, and beautiful neutral colour tones.. and again I find myself envying the "masculine" people of this world who receive such cool cards! I remember losing my temper in a shop in the run up to Mother's Day one year when all you could find were pink, frilly, fluffy cards. Neither my mother nor I is remotely pink, frilly or fluffy! She'd far prefer one of these fabulous cards, and so would I!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful set of cards Margaret, that subway die is such a brilliant one for male cards (or female ones too), it is so versatile. Like Alison, above, I would prefer a card like this too over a pink and fluffy one! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two stunning blokes cards; I like the way you can make them look different with a little tweak here and there. The cogs look totally different when coloured - they take on a metal sheen. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When a design works...it works and different versions of it are ideal! These are gorgeous...kind of industrial themed...really loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the most amazing designs and really inspire me! Adding the embossing to the background adds so much to these, and your ability to layer is incredible! Wow! I did have a lot of catching up to do, but it has been such a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.