Monday 15 July 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #238

Hello dear visitors and welcome to my little blog.  So nice of you to pay me a visit.

There's a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and I'm here to share my DT creation with you.  This is Challenge #238, Chanya is hosting and the Theme is 'Here Comes Summer'.

Well, down here in Aus we are in the dead of Winter,  so Summer is still a long way off but it was nice to create something in Summery Colours.  Made the day seem warmer somehow!

I have created another card and the papers used are from 49 and Market.
This was made in a similar vein to the cards I've been showing you lately (when you're on a good thing, stick to it!  LOL!) but it was made more recently.
I cut the paper to size for my card and then added some colour to the background with Distress Inks.  I simply smooshed the stamp pads onto my craft mat and then sprayed it with water and dragged the paper through the puddle.  Once that was dry I used a Harlequin stamp by Kaisercraft and heat embossed with Ranger's Seafoam White Embossing Powder.
There's that Texture Subway die again!!  Can you guess that I love it!  He! He!  Works very well for both feminine and masculine cards, which is awesome!
The flower is by Little Birdie and the greeting was taken from a Kaisercraft Paper pad.
So, drag out all your Summery papers and embellies and have a go at our Challenge.  Looking forward to seeing what you create!

The rules and all the details of the Challenge, plus lots of inspiration from the rest of the Team can be found here -
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #238 - Here Comes Summer.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have fun with your crafting!!
Take care and God Bless

oxox Marg


16 comments:

  1. A beautiful bright and happy Summer card. You made a lovely background and with the die, lace, and flowers a complete to a gorgeous card! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so gorgeous, Marg!! I love the pop of color!! The layers are fabulous, as always!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours are so uplifting and the white embossing looks wonderful too, as does the gorgeous lace. You definitely brought summer into this house! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and lovely texture and detail. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this Margy, beautiful colour combo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card with the bright yellow bringing a touch of sunshine to my cold craft room. Lovely work with the die cut and wet embossing. As always, a delight to see what you've been creating. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty summer card . Love the colours. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marg!! I love this sunshiney card, love the happy yellows and love the design, it always looks great.. and if it works, use it I say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marg!
    Your 'shmooshing and dragging technique has created such beautiful results! (you should patent that ; ) lol
    But truly this card is beautiful, and the texture of the emboss adds lots of interest and style~ Beautiful work as always! Love my visits here. Stay warm friend. Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and love these autumn colours! Love that pipeline diecut...so versatile and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love what you've been doing with the metro line die-cut. It looks fabulous here amongst the sunshine colours, providing trellis support to that lovely flower. I really love the texture of the Harlequin diamonds against the vivid background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So is the chipboard piece the subway die? Love the look of it. And these sunny yellows would cheer any day. Fabulous as always! Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattie! Yes, that is the die!! It does look a bit like chipboard doesn't it? It is only cardstock though. I usually cut the shape a couple of times and then glue them on top of each other to give the extra dimension. Thank you for your visit! xx

      Delete
  13. Whoa! Another missed stunning make! Love these sunshine-y colors and of course, your gorgeous layers! You are doing brilliant work with the subway die, and I'm feeling a bit envious of your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills. All this time later, I've found it love the end result. ""Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - outdoor activitie camping habits outdoor activitie
    "

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very happy when read this blog post because blog post written in good manner and write on good topic. Thanks for sharing valuable information about AWS Course.Excellent Blog!!! The blog which you have shared here is more informative, This is really too useful and have more ideas and keep sharing many techniques about java. Thanks for giving a such a wonderful blog. oscillating tool tips Projects with Oscillating Tool Oscillating Tool Tips Remove Grout with Oscillating Tool

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.