Saturday 24 May 2014

More on the Positive

Hello again everyone, I do hope you are having a fabulous day!!!  I'd like to welcome my lovely new followers too.  So glad you decided to join me ladies, I really appreciate it!!
I'd like to share the next page of my Positivity Journal with you today.  
I have been doing quite a bit of creating lately but most of it is Design Team work so I actually can't share that with you all  just yet.  I was able though, to do a bit more work on my little Positivity Journal and that I certainly can share!
So, first of all, here is the next page!!
Started the background with some Acrylic paint which I mixed myself using Vermillion and White and then watered  down and poured into a sprayer.  Then I added some Walnut Stain Distress Re-Inker.  I simply popped a few drops on the page and then sprayed with water to make it spread.  Was quite pleasantly surprised that it worked so well and love how it turned out.  Once all that was dry, I stamped with Kaisercraft's Arty Stamp and Memento Fade Resistant Dye Ink in Tuxedo Black.
 Popped on some washi tape and a little tag and then added a Prima Flower and a KC diecut which I think came from their 'On this Day' Collection. 
 The chippie is a piece cut from Imaginarium's 'Moroccan' which was painted with white Acrylic Paint and then clear embossed.  The little blank was coloured with Crushed Olive Distress Ink and also clear embossed.  I'm not putting a lot of embellishment on these pages because I really want the backgrounds to be the focus.

And now the first of my tags.
With these I discovered I also couldn't add much in the way of embellishments.  As I want to put 3 to 4 Tags in each pocket they really can't be too thick  so I'll  have to keep the embellies down to just some stamping with perhaps the odd die cut or two.
The flourish was  stamped with embossing ink and then clear embossed.  This stamp and the butterfly are from KC's Tiger Lily Collection.  After embossing I coloured this corner of the tag with Distress Ink in Wild Honey and then with Fired Brick .  Love the way the stamp just stands out.
The butterfly was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I was going to colour it but decided I liked it just the way it is.  The sentiment stamp is from KC's Blubelle Collection.  
The backs of the tags will be left blank  so I can do all my Journalling there.

I may have said this before but I'm really enjoying working on this Journal since I started over.  The pages are so much easier to work on and the tags are a much better size as well.  Am loving this!!

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

11 comments:

  1. lovely page for your journal and great tags....well done on the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really, really fabulous....I must get out my reinkers- I've a pile that I don't use...the tag looks great, too...love those colours together:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your next page Margaret. Lots going on but yet it doesn't feel overcrowded and the colours are fab. Super tag too - as you say it's all about flat dimension for these and this one really works. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page again Marg, love how you did the background, it looks so arty and multi layered, stunning and that flower gives it just the perfect vocal point. The tag looks fantastic too.

    I've been doing nothing but DT work too but really hope to get a bit of play time this weekend, I have not managed to do anything in my journal for so long.... Anyway, love yours and feel really inspired now, so thanks for that and have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. drop dead gorgeous my friend ... love love love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I love this! The tag is gorgeous and you've used my favourite stamp on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art journal page Marg, and love your sweet tag too.. you have been very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Dramatic colours for the first one and the tag is just soft and pretty :D I have missed my visits to your blog while I was away. Nice to be back :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work!! Your journal sounds like my kind of journal! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely awesome & so artistic! Love the backgrounds. Really incredible!! You would make a fantastic scrapbooker too - would love to see you give a page a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours on your journal page look fantastic & I'm amazed at how you have made all these colours work together! Another fabo tag too with beautiful stamping & embossing work :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.