Friday 2 May 2014

Meg's Garden - Birthday Card with 'Bike Cogs'

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.

Today I'd like to share my DT reveal for Meg's Garden.  It is a Birthday Card made with the Bike Cogs Mini Paper Pack.
These papers are awesome and absolutely perfect to create a card for my Grandson's Birthday as his favourite colours are green and black.
 So, all the papers used are from this collection, I haven't mixed it with anything else at all.  I have added a bit of doodling and some of that mesh tape that is all the rage at the moment.  I've also lightly brushed some gesso here and there and did a bit of stamping as well.  The cogs border is from Scrapbookncraft and I've added some die cut cogs and gears as well.  Some were cut from black cardstock and some from brown.  Brushed them with Versacolor in Silver and green to give them a bit of a rustic look.
The card style is one I saw at Astrid Maclean's Blog and I've used it quite a bit since, I really love it as it gives you so much  scope for decorating.
 Here you can see some of the crackle stamping.  Added some washi tape and wooden hinges  which were coloured with Versacolor 'Lapislazuli' and Kaisercraft 'Red gum'.
 The clocks are from Meg's Garden.   I've simply layered them together with an eyelet.  You can also see I've placed some cogs in between the paper layers.
 Just a closie of the cogs border ... the black and the white cogs peeking through underneath are all part of the pattern on the papers.
 The inside is lined with the same papers and I've added some doodling here as well and brushed on some more gesso.  The quotes are die cuts from KC.
Did just a small amount of stencilling on the front of the pocket which was made to hold a small envelope and card.
 The envelope will hold a gift voucher or perhaps some cash and the double fold card has a written sentiment inside.

The other inside flap also has some doodling and brushed gesso.
Full view of the inside ...
... and another full frontal view.
These papers are awesome and, although this card is obviously masculine, there are also designs  which could be used in a more feminine creation.  I loved working with them.
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my Bike Cogs Birthday Card.
oxox Marg

Meg's Garden products used -
Bike cogs Mini Paper Pack - S121
Old World Time Ephemera Sheet - 1037
Old World Time Transparency - Tr 1037

4 comments:

  1. Wow Marg, what a great card! Love the papers and envelopes. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marg!! Your gorgeous cards never cease to amaze me. I adore all the fabulous masculine touches here!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fantastic manly creation! Love the gift card pouches!! They can be zhooshed up in all sorts of ways!! I must try something similar. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dramatic masculine card. I love it.... just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.