Monday 15 October 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 220 - Fairies or Other Mythical Creatures

Hi everybody and welcome to my blog!! 
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

It's time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Jackie is our host and the Theme is Fairies or Other Mythical Creatures!

As always, anything you care to create is fine as long as it fits the Theme.

Must say, I do love this Theme but, when I started hunting through my stash to see if I had anything that would fit, I found absolutely nothing at all.  No fairy stamps, nor any type of mythical creature stamps, stencils or anything!!   Shock!!  Horror!!  What was I going to do??

Well, I did remembered this lovely Amigurumi pattern I saw on the net so, I went and found it again and crocheted this gorgeous little Unicorn!!

Isn't he adorable??
I had this lovely green coloured five ply wool that I had been wanting to use and I felt this would be the perfect piece for it.  It looks so nice against the white .. I love the combination.
He's only about 4.5" tall and sits quite comfortably in the palm of your hand.
I added some strands of blue to his mane and tail for a bit more contrast and interest and then decided to also add some beads for a bit of sparkle!!  Something to make him stand out from the crowd!

I love how it looks!!
I was going to trim his mane, because it looks a bit unruly at the back, but I decided to leave it as I quite like it that way.
I think he's a very handsome little fellow.

For anyone who may be interested HERE is the link to the free pattern.  I must point out that mine does look a little different from the original because I made some alterations to suit the wool I used and I wanted him to be a bit smaller.  I also created a simpler mane and tail.
I am actually contemplating if I should create a second blog just for my Amigurumis.  I have made about half a dozen so far.  All of them made with free patterns from the net but most of them I have adjusted to suit myself and I am wondering if I should share those adjusted patterns, always giving credit to the originals of course.  Not sure if there would be much interest.
I'll keep thinking on it!!

So, please do pop on over to the CCM blog and take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  I am sure you will find heaps of inspiration to join in with the Challenge!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #220 - Fairies and Other Mythical Creatures.

Thank you so much for popping in!!  I hope you have a fabulous day and can't wait to see your entries!!

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg



13 comments:

  1. Aw, your unicorn is delightful, Margy! I love the colors and sweetness! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margaret, I wasn't expecting that! Your unicorn is gorgeous - your crocheting skills are brilliant and I love yours even better than the original (although it is quite sweet too). I love the mane, it looks fabulous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, how gorgeous is he! Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo my goodness he is adorable Marg! I love that you made him a bit smaller : ) and the
    beading is such a perfect touch. Yes, those colors are beautiful together! Thank you for sharing! <3 & hugs,, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant take on the challenge Margaret. I'm a huge fan of Amigurumis and this little guy is so sweet. I love the added beads to make him stand out from the crowd. He looks perfect for a new born gift, although I don't know how you could bear to give him away. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marg, this little fellow is sooo cute, you are so clever to create him... ( I am assuming he is a little boy as he is blue!!) Love the mane and tail... what a sweet thing!! We have had some lovely rain here, the grass is greening up and the trees look happier! Not to mention the added water to our tanks... very thankful for the rain.. anyhow have a great week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon there would be a pile of knitters who would love to have your adjusted patterns, as these little critters are magnificent and deserve to be shared. No reason why you couldn't do it here, though???? I LOVE the colours and the beads and I'm glad you left his mane a little wild. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love your unicorn with it's unruly mixed colored hair and the beads. Unicorns are a favorite of mine. If only I could crochet. Thank you for sharing the free pattern and your lovely make.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your unicorn is gorgeous and perfect for my challenge! You make me want to dig out my crochet hooks and have a go...

    Jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable margaret. Wish I could crochet. I love unicorns. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just HAVE to love this Margaret so sweet and adorable.
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Margaret I also love your Unicorn the best. I have searched out the original yet your's wins. Would love to know how you made it. I am new to crocheting so I hope it is simple. xoxo I love that his nose is coloured also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.