Monday 3 September 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 217 - All Creatures Great and Small

Hello dear visitors and welcome to my blog.
Hope you are having an enjoyable day!!

Well, the Team at Crafty Cardmakers have had a wonderful, extended break but now we are back with a brand new Challenge.
I am thrilled to be the host for this Challenge and the Theme is - All Creatures, Great and Small!!  So, as always, you can create whatever you like, a card, scrapbook layout, mixed media piece, home decor, whatever you wish as long as it fits the Theme.
Please don't just add a tiny little butterfly or similar, and think that that will do.  We would like your 'Creature' to be the focal point of your creations!

So, having said all that, here is my DT contribution!
Let me introduce you to Blossom!!

Isn't she cute??  I think she's cute!  She is an Amigurumi!!  For those of you who haven't heard of this before (I hadn't!)  Amagurumi is a Japanese term for a knitted or crocheted stuffed toy.   For some time now, I had been thinking that I would love to create some tiny teddy bears.  Have been searching the web but could not find a pattern or a tutorial which was exactly what I was looking for.
Then, I came across Amigurumi!!  You have no idea how many gorgeous free patterns and tutorials there are for these.  Or maybe you do, but I had never seen them before.  I was hooked!! .. Ha! Ha!  No pun intended!!

The pattern for this sweet little bunny is from a lady called Stephanie.  Her blog is called All About Ami and, if you wish to take a look, you can find it HERE.  She has also created some video tutorials as well and I am really grateful that there are people like her who are willing to share their talents. I plan to create more of these cute little toys and, hopefully, when I get enough experience, I may even be able to create my own patterns to share.  We shall see.
Anyways, let me tell a little more about this litte sweetie!
She stands about 4" tall and all the pieces are crocheted separately, stuffed with fibre fill and then sewn together.

 She even has this cute little tail.  If I make another one like this, I think I will make a little pom pom for her tail.  Being so small, it was a bit awkward to crochet.
Her eyes are safety eyes so they won't, or shouldn't, come loose and I used embroidery thread for her nose.
Now that I'm seeing this in close-up, I'll have to go back and fix up the left side so that the knot doesn't show through.  Hadn't noticed that before!
I cut some pieces of felt for the inside of her ears and the bottom of her feet.  Sewed them on, and then embroidered the little flowers.
As part of the pattern, you can actually crochet a little flower for her hat but I decided to simply glue on one of the fabric flowers from my stash.
All done and dusted and didn't take all that long to make either.
There you have it!!  Something very different to what you are used to seeing from me but I think you will be seeing more of these from time to time.
My blog has been very quiet for a while as I haven't done a lot of paper crafting lately.  My mojo and my enthusiasm have both run screaming out the door and some things I've tried just haven't worked out the way I would have liked.  I will keep trying though and am hoping that they will both come back soon.

I would love it if you would pop on over to the CCM blog and take a peek at the fabulous creations by my Teamies and that you will be inspired to enter the Challenge.  

To check it out and to link up your entry here is the link -
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 217 - All Creatures Great and Small.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave on my posts.  Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love Blossom!! She's so adorable!! Wow!! You did such an amazing job on her!! I love all of the details like her felt ears and feet!! Truly beautiful and so sweet!! This makes me wish I could crochet!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so adorable!!!!! I am in love and I too wish I new how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn adorable, what a wonderful creation you have made. Love it!!
    hhugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very different, but in a good way, I think she is adorable. Your crochet stitches are so neat and I love the way you added the felt for the ears and paws! Beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this certainly is a bit different, but how totally cute and so well made!!! I am full of admiration, you are one multi talented lady my friend, this little creature is beyond adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Blossom sure is adorable...... Absolute gorgeous creation Margy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of Amigurumi creatures and Miss Blossom is right up there with the sweetest of them! I love her felt ears and the stitched flowers as well as that cute little tail. I'm sorry Mojo has done a bunk on you - what a pain when the creativity and enthusiasm runs off into the wild blue yonder! I hope this little friend can entice him to come back and play nicely in your craft room. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Marg, she is so sweet, so cute and so lovable!! I had not heard of that name before now, and I am sure there would be lots on the internet for inspiration in this day and age... and sad to hear your mojo has done a runner, some days I feel like that too.. I do hope it finds its way back because we all love your creations!! But so glad you have found enjoyment in creating this dear little creature.. Have a good week ahead Marg..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marg~ What a surprise to see that cute little bunny adorning your blog! You amaze me~ What a beautiful job you did. Soo adorable and look at that little tail! and what a sweet idea to add the embroidered 'pads' of felt; Enchanting! : )
    PS I am right with you on the 'no mojo'; although I'm trying. I am hoping to spark a few Christmas ideas soon.
    Hugs to you <3 karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just so sweet Margaret! and so beautifully made too. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest bunny ever! I don't know how to crochet, but I so want one. Guess i will have to learn. lol Seriously, this is just too cute for words. <3 Amazing job! I wouldn't have guessed it was your first amigurumi ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Margaret, she is one sweet bunny! You've done a wonderful job on her, and I especially love those soft felt ears and feet! Your embroidery stitches are perfect! Wow, you are one multi-talented lady! Doesn't look like your creative mojo has gone far! But you may have to change your blog name...it's a bit misleading at the moment! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, she is just adorable - such craftsmanship - what a wonderful inspiration for the challenge.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my these are just adorable. You are so talented. I am terrified of knitting or crochet and I need to be shown I can't understand the instructions :D So nice to see you trying other things. I take my hat off to you. Looks like a lot of work and the end result is totally worth it. I have missed my visits to your blog and now hopefully I am able to find a balance between social media and real life. It consumes you before you know it <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cutest little bunny right down to her darling tail and those beautifully embroidered paws! Love the button eyes and her pretty Easter bonnet. LOL cute! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, she's adorable! Love her little felt ears & feet and the pretty embroidered flowers......great job!
    hugs Jo x
    I have CANDY if you'd like to enter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.