Friday 9 October 2020

A Trio of Cards .. Same, Yet Different

 Hello everyone!  Welcome,  and thank you for stopping by.

Following on from my Pair of Guy Cards post, I thought I would share some girly cards I created in a similar style.  This time, it's a trio, and I have used the Wildflower dies by Tim Holtz.

As I said in that previous post, I'm getting a bit lazy with my crafting and it's getting quite difficult to come up with a new design each time I create a card so, now, I tend to make them in pretty much the same way.  At the moment I am liking my cards to be tall, about 6.5 to 7 inches tall, and I like adding my embellies on the left hand side and to be fairly simple.   To make the cards look, at least, a little different I simply use different colours, different papers and, slightly different embellishments. 

The design papers are by Kaisercraft.

 Added a couple of strips of washi tape on the left side and the flowers were cut from white cardstock.  Smooshed the large bloom into some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink to colour it and used a brush with gesso and more of the DI to tint the center of the smaller bloom.
The sentiment was generated on the computer.  I mounted it on black cardstock and placed a strip of torn washi tape underneath to ground it.
Must say, I love that paper .. so pretty.
 
No washi tape on this next card but I did add a bit of interest by placing a piece of torn paper over the base and adding a touch of gold foiling. 

A small flower cluster made with Little Birdie flowers and a chippie sentiment by Scrapmatts.
The colours definitely make for a more dramatic look.

This last card is my fave.  Probably because I love the floral washi tape and I also love the delicate colours.
Used watercolour card for the base on this one and I used a Versacolor ink pad to colour the flowers.

Wrapped a piece of twine around the bottom and attached it with a brad.  The sentiment is a simple little sticker.
Easy and quick to make and I am quite happy with the result.

Voila!!  Same (design) .. yet .. different (look)!

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and, if you're inclined to leave a little comment, I would love to know what you think!

Have a wonderful day!
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning makes Margy, the different designs are jus inspiring and your creativity is as well, stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creating Margy; they do look quite different even though the basic sketch is the same. I love that you can make three cards at once with out your head hurting by trying to come up with a new idea every time. They are all lovely - I especially like the glimpse of shimmer from the foiling. Those die cut flowers are the bomb! I use mine frequently. Have a great weekend in the sunshine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg! I hope your weekend is going well.. personally I think weekends should be 3 days as 2 just go so quickly!!! I love your cards.. the design is so elegant and I love the dies you have used.. and they are so pretty.. The back ground papers and the washi all add to the back ground in a lovely way.. I have been finding it hard to be motivated to scrap lately.. but I have been trying to create just to keep up with my design team commitments.. if I didn't have them I may not scrap at all.. but I do love it when I get in my room and create.. I hope you are well and life is good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never possibly choose a favourite of your gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the first one, the drama of the second one and the delicacy of the third one. I am trying to keep motivated but it is so hard at times, it looks like we might be going into lockdown again here.... sigh. I hope things are better where you are. Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret , recién descubro el blog y estoy admirando los trabajos tan hermosos que hace. Saludos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.