Monday 30 March 2020

A bit of Manly Grunge

Hello everyone!  

Hope you are all keeping well and happy in these difficult times.   It's not easy staying home and isolated.  Not being able to visit family and friends is truly awful but, it must be done if we're to get this horrific virus under control.  A huge heartfelt thanks to all the Health workers who are taking care of the sick regardless of the danger to their own health.
Take my hat off to you guys .. you are heroes!!

I've been doing a bit of crafting (of course .. not much else to do) while stuck at home and have managed to get quite a bit done!   Made cards, created books and now I have lots of thing to share so I will start off with these two masculine cards.

Once again I have used some older Kaisercraft papers.  Trying to use up the tons and tons I have in my stash.
I have used pieces of book paper on both cards as well as a torn piece of corrugated board.  On this first card I have added some gesso to the corrugated board .. adds an extra bit of texture.
I added a tag and my fave die cuts as part of the collage.  All of the gauges are free printables from the net.  I have mounted them on some heavy card and then heat embossed them a couple of times with clear embossing powder.
The second card is pretty much the same as the first.  It is a different shape and size and I did not gesso the corrugated board but, other than that, it is almost identical. 
Of course, I added my fave prills to both cards.


I will have more to share over the next few weeks.  Just hope this virus hits its peak and dissipates quickly.

Thank you so much for your visit and any comment you may care to leave for me to read.
Please, do take special care and stay safe and well.

Lots of love to you all.
God Bless.


10 comments:

  1. LOVE this mixed media, punky kind of card. The elements added are just fabulously amazing..Corrugated cardstock always looks so effective. Love the gauges and die cuts you used....a day of crafting with you would be so much fun...take care and enjoy your crafting.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE these cards Margaret! You always do a fabulous job. The gauges are truly what set these cards apart. Very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Margy and the cards are great too! Fabulous layering and the gauges are a brilliant addition. Crafting is probably what helps to keep us together in this difficult time. Take care, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! fantastic grungy masculine cards Margy. I love the way you source images from the net and make them your own. The embossing really sets them off perfectly. One thing about the CV is that it provides plenty of time to get into the craft room. Hmmm...I might have to do a tidy up as well! Hope you are coping O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your masculine cards are superb Margaret, I love the layering, the wonderful elements you chose and the whole design. I am afraid that even thought of the virus seems to have taken away my mojo although I don't really mind being locked away for three months! Hopefully things will ease soon for all of us. Please stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy April Marg! i hope you are well and enjoying the creative time that we have while we are at home keeping safe! Your cards are the best, the embellishments are blokey and have great texture. love the colors and the designs are great.. love your cards.. they inspire me.. I find male cards a bit harder to do, but you always have the perfect embellishments for them... stay safe Marg..I hope april is better than march was... but we must keep our faith and hope alive..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double wow for these! Just brilliant collaging and grunging and textures and layers. Those pressure gauges put in another fabulous appearance and that cool junction die-cut too - you use them so well. These cards are an absolute treat - I love, love, love them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. .Thanks for your congrats on my DT, [have another one coming up, I need to be kept so busy, stops me from worrying] xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped in to wish you a happy Easter/Passover/Spring Festival - whatever and however you celebrate. Stay safe, stay well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret, how funny, I was just thinking about you as haven't seen a post for a while and wondered how you are, then in came your email/comment..
    take care.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.