Monday 17 June 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - #236

Hello sweet visitors.  Welcome to my blog.

I'm here to share my project for the new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Angela is our lovely host and the Theme is 'Anything but a Card'.  As always, you may create anything you like, as long as it isn't a card.

Thought this would be the perfect time to share another of my Amigurumis.
I have crocheted quite a few small animals but this is the first actual doll I have made.  I used a pattern by Laura Tegg called Standard Weebee which is available free on Ravelry.  This pattern is for the full body and has a simple hair cap as well.  The hair I have crocheted for my doll is from another pattern.
The boots and knickers are removable.  I used the appropriate sections of the original pattern and simply used a slightly larger hook so they would go on and come off easily.
The hair was done following a pattern by Denise Angelo.  She shared it on Facebook for the WeeBee Appreciation Society.  You need to be a member of this group to access it.

Her dress is also made with a free pattern by Laura Tegg.  It is called the Pretty Shells Dress and is also available on Ravelry.  The underskirt I created free hand and also added a simple tie at the waist.
I crocheted the doll and the clothes with 4ply acrylic yarn and she stands approx. 8" tall,
I named her Esmeralda but she will have a new name now as she has gone to her forever home with a friend's little girl.  Hope they have some wonderful times together.

Would love it if you would pop over to the CCM Blog and check out the awesome creations by my Teamies.  They have some amazing inspiration for you over there.  The link is below

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #236 - Anything but a card.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Am looking forward to seeing what you create for our Challenge.

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

7 comments:

  1. Oh Margaret, you are so fantastic at creating these Amigurumis and Esmeralda is just the sweetest ever! I love her when I first saw her and then I saw her hair from the back.... wow, it is stunning and so, so professional. I saw a pattern the other day and was tempted but I could never create a doll or animal anything like as beautiful as yours! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Esmeralda is so gorgeous!! I love her curly blond hair!! She's so sweet!! I absolutely love her!! She's beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esmerelda is any little child's dream play mate. She is beautifully crafted with the blonde curls cascading down and the sweet clothes you made. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, oh wow I am lovin this gorgeous doll, so pretty and I love her hair too... I can imagine her getting hugged so tightly by a little person or a bit person... hehe.. I hope your week is going well.. I just wish the days would slow down a bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg, she is just adorable and I am loving her hair so much. Who wouldn't love this gorgeous doll. Hope you have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esmerelda is so sweet and made so perfectly! I love her curls and her cute boots! Really, she's just so adorable from top to bottom! How wonderful she has gone to a sweet little girl who will certainly treasure her! You do gorgeous work, Margaret, no matter what medium you are working it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful crocheting and I love her hair and those big black eyes, even her name is wonderful!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.